Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005   #1
Likno Software

Likno Software is on a distinguished road
Question about links and Google

Hello,

we have a free web button service site called Web Button Maker http://www.webbuttonmaker.com . Despite the fact that we do have external links to our site they are not displayed when searching for - link:www . webbuttonmaker . com - at google. They do show in other search engines (i.e. yahoo)

Does anybody know whether there is a minimum amount of links one has to have before they are displayed, or whether there is something else to be considered in this case?

Any feedback is appreciated

Likno

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 07-20-2005 at 11:36 AM. Reason: remove second link
Likno Software is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Hi Likno. Google does not divulge all of the inbound links it can actually see when you use the "link:' command there. I would trust the Yahoo number. There is no "minimum" number of links required as you suggest. As far as "something esle to be considered," what are you asking? Does you site need more links? Do you need more content? How can you rank better at Google? If any of those questions are it, then I would suggest read further into these forums and you will find your answers. Good luck with your project!
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #3
NTR
Natasha "That Girl From Marketing" Robinson - Search Engine Stalker

NTR is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Frequently Asked Forum Questions

Dear SEW MODS,

This question is asked at least once a week, and with good reason. I understand why it is easier (from the user perspective) to simply post the question than to search the forum for the answer. So I have a suggestion:

Adding a section to this Forum for FAQs such as this would be of great value to readers. And this would be one of the first to go there. If this already exists, please let me know.

Have a good one,
Natasha "That Girl From Marketing" Robinson
NTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #4
Likno Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs
Hi Likno. Google does not divulge all of the inbound links it can actually see when you use the "link:' command there. I would trust the Yahoo number. There is no "minimum" number of links required as you suggest. As far as "something esle to be considered," what are you asking? Does you site need more links? Do you need more content? How can you rank better at Google? If any of those questions are it, then I would suggest read further into these forums and you will find your answers. Good luck with your project!
Hi Chris, and thanks for your reply.

Indeed we base ourselves, "trust", on Yahoo's number still, we where wondering why Google doesnt divulge the number of links that exist...Actually in our case it does not display ANY link by using the "link:" command despite the fact that we do have links.
Old 07-27-2005   #5
NTR
Natasha "That Girl From Marketing" Robinson - Search Engine Stalker

NTR is on a distinguished road
New Google Backlink Tool

Likno,

Came across this Search Engine Warch Blog post today: New Google Backlink Tool and thought the tool mentioned here might help.

Have a good one,
Natasha "That Girl Form Marketing" Robinson
NTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #6
Likno Software

Quote:
Likno,

Came across this Search Engine Warch Blog post today: New Google Backlink Tool and thought the tool mentioned here might help.
Thank you very much Natasha!
Old 07-29-2005   #7
007mike

007mike is on a distinguished road
Aggregated Results

If you would like to your backlink count for all of the major search engines in one place try out this great service Uptimebot . The Google results are definately not to be trusted, but this site reports a number of other useful "allin" search results as well as telling you how many pages you have indexed.

The internet is an information resource not a commercial. If people would just spend their days writing content they were interested in rather than getting sucked into "backlink counts" and "page rank" they would see these numbers rise on their own.

Sorry, my little rant for the day.
007mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005   #8
mony30

mony30 is on a distinguished road
Minimum number of links you need

In order to be to achieve page rank on google , you should emphasize on quality links more instead of quantity, therefore having yahoo or looksmart link to you have much more weight thatn other directories.

Any how to have a minimum page rank on google at least 1o site should link to you

Monia Hassan
SEO Consultant

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 07-31-2005 at 01:30 PM. Reason: no signature links per SEW rules, please.
mony30 is offline   Reply With Quote