Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2005   #1
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
AWR's Alerts Thread

Hi all,

I wanted to mention a short period of system maintanence, and thought I'd start an 'AWR's Alerts Thread,' that I could also bring to the top of the page in the future, on similar occasions. In the past, I've just piggy-backed on other threads, but I think this is a much better idea.

Anyway, I wanted to mention that, today, for a period of three hours or so (most likely between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Pacific Time) you may notice that your stats are not updating. The timing mentioned here is approximate, BTW - and actual timing may vary.

Stats will be collected as normal during this time, and will then be updated later in the day.

Bottom line, no stats will be lost - they'll just be delayed beyond the usual three hour time frame.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may cause.

AWR

Last edited by AdWordsRep : 07-07-2005 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Question: will I EVER write a post without a typo?
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #2
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Smile Mil Gracias!

Many thanks AWR! I'll feature it on our forums homepage right away.

Saludos,

Nacho
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #3
AdWordsRep

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
New alert re: Friday 7/22

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take advantage of this special thread to give you all advance notice:

On Friday July 22, 2005, advertisers will be unable to login to their AdWords accounts from roughly 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. (PDT due) to system maintenance. (There will also be a UI message with this same information soon.)

Please rest assured that your advertising will continue to run as normal during this period - and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. (Though I certainly hope that this advance notice will help to eliminate problems. )

For those among you who are also AdSense publishers, you'll be glad to hear that this will not effect your ability to login to your AdSense accounts.

Lastly, I have a quick question for you all. Is there anyone who feels that having this Alerts thread at the top of the page all the time actually makes it harder to notice when a new alert has been added?

(Nacho, while I'm very appreciative of your having made this thread more prominent, through permanent top placement - I'm thinking of asking that it be removed from the top, and then just allowing it to return to float up, as normal, when an actual alert has been added. Possible?)

AWR

Last edited by AdWordsRep : 07-20-2005 at 09:39 PM. Reason: clarification and thanks
Old 07-21-2005   #4
AdWordsRep

I have this really uncomfortable feeling that no one actually saw my 'Alert' yesterday, since everyone is probably used to the Alerts thread being at the top of the page, and no longer 'sees' it.

So, I'm going to post again, just to get the date changed to today, and to increase the thread count by one - in the hopes that it'll catch the eye.

This is totally selfless, BTW, and I am not doing it simply to increase my post count. No, really, I'm not - even though I am totally obsessive about 'my number', and just gotta get to 250 soon.

(Not that I'm counting or anything. )

AWR

PS - As a rule, similar alerts will also be posted on the Inside AdWords blog.
Old 07-21-2005   #5
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
You can get an idea of how many people are looking at the post by keeping track of the thread views.....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #6
AdWordsRep

Correction to my previous Alert - concerning AdSense

Quote:
You can get an idea of how many people are looking at the post by keeping track of the thread views.....
Doh!

Now that is an elegantly simple idea that never even occurred to me. And the good news is that now I have another number that I can obsess about. Thanks AussieWebmaster!

Here I am about to post to the thread again - I've just returned from a meeting to find an email letting me know that my earlier alert was not entirely correct.

Here is the correction: during the scheduled AdSense maintenance, AdSense Publishers will be able to login as normal, but may not be able to access the ‘My Accounts’ tab of their accounts.

(Earnings will continue to accrue during this timeframe, though, and will appear in the reports after the maintenance is complete.)

Sorry for my earlier error.

AWR
Old 07-21-2005   #7
JNap
JNap

JNap is on a distinguished road
When is the new "Min Bid" feature going to take effect, anyone hear anything, see any changes?

A different thread suggests Aug 1st, however, the Google statements to date have not been definitive...
JNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #8
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
[quote=AdWordsRep]I have this really uncomfortable feeling that no one actually saw my 'Alert' yesterday, since everyone is probably used to the Alerts thread being at the top of the page, and no longer 'sees' it.
[\QUOTE]
AWR, I read the forums by clicking the "New Posts" link, so I see them in a slightly different order; and I did see your post. I don't know how many people read the forums this way, but I scan the new posts each time I visit (usually daily) to see what I've missed.

Just wanted you to know that someone did see your post.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #9
AdWordsRep

Well, that's good to know...

Quote:
Just wanted you to know that someone did see your post.
Thanks Mel66 - Very kind of you to let me know!

I haven't seen your name here for a while - nice to see you posting again. BTW, your rep sent me some nice feedback and a suggestion that you'd written, which I'll be sure to pass along to the right folks.

Thanks very much for that too!

AWR

Last edited by AdWordsRep : 07-22-2005 at 08:56 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 07-22-2005   #10
AdWordsRep

Last call...

Me again.

Per the posts farther above, please don't forget that you'll be unable to login to AdWords from approximately 9:00 to 11:00 (PDT), due to system maintenance.

That's a little less than two hours from now, as I write...

AWR
Old 07-25-2005   #11
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Thanks AWR! I've been reading, but haven't had a lot to say lately.

And you're welcome on the feedback! Just tryin' to make things even better than they are! Our rep is great. We met at Ad-Tech Chicago a couple weeks ago and it was a very productive meeting.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #12
AdWordsRep

Advance notice

Hi all,

I wanted to quote the Inside AdWords blog, regarding some mantenance planned for this Saturday, and on the following Saturday as well:

Quote:
The pages under the 'My Account' tab will be temporarily unavailable this Saturday from 12:00 to 2:00 pm PDT and next Saturday, August 6th, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT due to maintenance. While you'll still be able to log into your accounts, you won't be able to view invoices, change your billing address, or update your credit card during this time. Don't worry, your campaigns will still be running normally while you're out enjoying the summer sun!
And may I add my apology for any inconvenience this will cause.

As I've mentioned before, we will do our best to provide early alerts on Inside AdWords, whenever possible - so it's worth keeping an eye on, at least once or twice a week. As a reminder, you'll find it here: http://adwords.blogspot.com/

AWR

Last edited by AdWordsRep : 07-29-2005 at 11:23 PM. Reason: fix typo!
Old 07-31-2005   #13
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
I use the blog exactly for that purpose checking announcements.
Old 08-02-2005   #14
AdWordsRep

Quote:
I use the blog exactly for that purpose checking announcements.
Now that is what I like to hear!

OK, let's try something new. Today, I have an Un-Alert. (Or would that be a de-alert?)

In my last post, I reported that the 'My Account' tab would be unavailable on August 6th, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT due to maintenance.

Earlier today I learned that there almost certainly will not be maintenance on that day. Good news!

That'll teach me to post alerts so far in advance!

AWR

Last edited by AdWordsRep : 08-02-2005 at 05:20 PM. Reason: clarify - fix language!
Old 08-16-2005   #15
AdWordsRep

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that we are in fact currently launching the keyword status changes and quality-based minimum bids - and that the launch will be completed shortly.

Once everyone has had a chance to get their bearings, I'll do my best to answer questions over the next few days - given that it is rather busy over here at AdWords at present.

In order to reserve this thread for Alerts, though, let's not start a new discussion on this subject here. It looks as if Mel66's thread "AdWords Smart Keyword Evaluation Is Live" is where the action is: http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ead.php?t=7361

AWR
Old 08-18-2005   #16
AdWordsRep

I'm sure that by now you all have seen the message on the Campaign Summary page of your accounts, but just in case you haven't, here is a 'heads-up' regarding upcoming site maintenance:

On Friday August 19, 2005, the AdWords system will be unavailable from approximately 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. PDT due to system maintenance. Please note that your campaigns will continue to run normally during this short downtime, with no loss of stats, etc.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may cause.

AWR
Old 08-30-2005   #17
AdWordsRep

Hi all,

This is an 'alert' of a different stripe, since it's about a vacation. My upcoming vacation, to be exact. Yep, after three years at AdWords, I am actually going to take an entire week off.

As many of you will know, Monday September 5th is a Holiday here in the US (Labor Day), and I'll be gone that day and also the following four days as well.

Executive Summary: I'll be away Sept. 5 thru Sept. 9th, returning on Sept. 12th. Be sure to miss me while I'm gone.

AWR
Old 09-02-2005   #18
AdWordsRep

Bye for now - back before long.

Just now heading out the door. See you all on 9/12.
Old 09-22-2005   #19
AdWordsRep

Hi everyone,

Quoting from the AdWords blog @ http://adwords.blogspot.com/:

Quote:
On Friday, September 23rd, the AdWords system will be unavailable from approximately 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. PDT [?] due to system maintenance. While you won't be able to log into your accounts during this short downtime, your campaigns will continue to run as usual. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware.

AWR
Old 09-22-2005   #20
AussieWebmaster

May want to alert people to check for possible changes to destination urls if they have used bid management tools or uploads on Tuesday and part of Wednesday.
A more detailled report than the one posted on the Google blog would be greatly appreciated.