Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005   #61
bobmutch
seocomapny.ca|Project Support Open Source|Top 40 Dirs rated by Inbound Link Quality

bobmutch has a spectacular aura aboutbobmutch has a spectacular aura about
"Hello bobmutch, GooogleGuy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Google Toolbar PR Meter Gray Across The Web - in the Google Web Search forum of Search Engine Watch Forums. This thread is located at:
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...9&goto=newpost

Hey --- I just get an email stating that GoogleGuy had posting on this thread. Where did it go go go : )
Old 05-30-2005   #62
2003m2003

2003m2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"We need all available Servers (incl. the Pagerank Servers!) for real big Index Operations, so there is no way to show the Pagerank next time, but when these Operations are done, we could use them to show Pagerank again".
Is Google that poor?
Old 05-30-2005   #63
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmutch
"Hello bobmutch, GooogleGuy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Google Toolbar PR Meter Gray Across The Web - in the Google Web Search forum of Search Engine Watch Forums. This thread is located at:
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...9&goto=newpost

Hey --- I just get an email stating that GoogleGuy had posting on this thread. Where did it go go go : )
It is a fake, so it was removed. see the 3rd "O" in the name? GooogleGuy
Old 05-30-2005   #64
bobmutch
seocomapny.ca|Project Support Open Source|Top 40 Dirs rated by Inbound Link Quality

bobmutch has a spectacular aura aboutbobmutch has a spectacular aura about
Barry: Ya I just noticed that and was having a good laugh. You may want to kill that other report also. It sure got me excited though LOL!
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...0&postcount=54
Old 05-30-2005   #65
Ulstrup

Ulstrup is on a distinguished road
The Real GoogleGuy says

PR will be back in a couple of hours

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum80/934-24-15.htm msg#359
Old 05-30-2005   #66
TMonster

Well I guess we were pioneers. After Google has renewed our rankings back we got very high positions but PR0. Like my partner said: "You are the highest ranked PR0 site I have ever seen " .

Now I see that it was a tendency...

Old 05-30-2005   #67
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Quote:
Robert_Charlton: We had a BL and GDPR update on May 24th. You can see this reported on my PageRank Update History on the site listed right below my handle above.
bob - Thanks. Undoubtedly, you've kept more careful records on this than I have, but the change I saw happened sometime between the night of May 27 and this morning, May 30 (both PDT).

I know this because I don't look at the Directory listing for this site very often, but was prompted to check it by a May 27 post in the WebmasterWorld Supporters Forum that said that the PageRank bars were still showing in the Directory. I was prompted this morning by another post on the same thread to check it again. In that interval, the site had moved from #5 to #3.

I don't count pixels in the bars, so I don't know what, if any, the change has been. It may well be that other sites moved down or dropped out, or that Google was slow in updating some categories from the May 24 update you reported.

But, if Google updated Directory PR on May 24th, it's certainly not dropping PR all together a few days later.
Old 05-30-2005   #68
Jeff Martin

Jeff Martin is just really niceJeff Martin is just really niceJeff Martin is just really niceJeff Martin is just really nice
PR seems to be once again showing on G's toolbar.

And the world heaved a collective sigh.
Old 05-30-2005   #69
Barry

Barry has disabled reputation
Maybe GooogleGuy was for real.

As seen in msg #364 from GoogleGuy here, "there was some new infrastructure that was swapping in. They expect normal toolbar pagerank display to resume in a few hours--no need for concern."

Still no PR here though.

It looks like the above reference to "Barry" referred to the Moderator, not me. Sorry if my name causes any confusion.

Last edited by Barry : 05-30-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2005   #70
theRealAirness

theRealAirness is on a distinguished road
I think it is on the way out. That's the theme of the google guys at the last SES 2005 at New York. They said not to worry about pagerank too much. Don't go crazy. There are other search engines. If you build a good and interesting websites, traffic will come automatically.

So, this clearly means that it is on the way out.
Old 05-30-2005   #71
onedodd
Onedodd

onedodd is on a distinguished road
I got PageRank

My site has PageRank from va beach
Old 05-30-2005   #72
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Woohoo, me too!

But the text when you look at "about" the toolbar is in French now.
Old 05-30-2005   #73
bwprice

bwprice is on a distinguished road
Page Rank IS Alive and Back On

I am getting page rank readings for some of the datacenters.

bwp
Old 05-30-2005   #74
v3mediaworks

PR is back

I've got PR here again in Western Canada.

Old 05-30-2005   #75
theRealAirness

theRealAirness is on a distinguished road
PR back in Vancouver, Canada.
Old 05-30-2005   #76
arius
List your ecommerce site Free for a limited time! http://www.buying-directory.com

arius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
arius: How about the soucre of the quote please.
http://www.ranking-hits.de/

Well at least it was there.

Also PR is back in all its green glory as seen from the Toronto Area!

I can't believe I actually feel some relief.
That was a bit like holding your breath.

Last edited by arius : 05-30-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2005   #77
apoStyle

apoStyle is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Eastern Europe reports GooglePR is back for good

In Ukraine the green indicator is back @ around 22:55 Greenwich Time. Aslo several friends from other countries (Russia, Poland) report it is back in their toolbars too.

Last edited by apoStyle : 05-30-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-30-2005   #78
jan

jan is on a distinguished road
DMOZ is also back on the toolbar. But with all the speculation on PR very few people may have missed it.
Old 05-30-2005   #79
Barry

Barry has disabled reputation
BTW, when it's not working, the color is closer to ivory2 in this chart, than gray
Old 05-30-2005   #80
cute1

cute1 is on a distinguished road
nope not here either (Canada)

I used the page rank - if anyone wanted to link with my website, I always checked to see if they were higher or the same as mine.....hope we find out what's going on....
Closed Thread