Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2004   #21
Chndru
Across the muddle pond

Chndru is on a distinguished road
Can't they come up with something original

Sorely reminds me of Google.
Guess, Yahoo's confidence in it's design and search technologies is sorely lacking. And it borders annoyance.

Quote:
Apparently Yahoo still has Google as a default back up for organic listings
Google's S-1 indicates, it will be terminated by this July.
Chndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004   #22
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
By the way, Yahoo's getting closer to releasing its new look to the public. You'll find an info page here about it, and using this home page will generate the results.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004   #23
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
hmmm

Now if they would only explain the PFI thing and how those results can be seen it would be all good.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004   #24
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
Now if they would only explain the PFI thing and how those results can be seen it would be all good.
You can see that at Daniel Brandt's site Yahoo-Watch.org by using the search there. It also compares it against Google results.

He has been tracking this for several months and the latest report he is showing:

Quote:
Three categories of links are counted and their rankings compared. The first are those with a yahoo.com/click near the front. The second have MI=ic (Index Connect/Site Match Xchange) in the main redirect (this redirect is not shown). The third are links with MI=sitematch. The first category is a mixture, while the last two are PFI+CPC. Each of these three is compared to links that are not of that type, and its average rankings calculated.

/click counted = 18273 Average /click rank = 39.00 non-/click counted = 672063 Average non-/click rank = 49.86

MI=ic counted = 11363 Average MI=ic rank = 38.19 non-MI=ic counted = 678876 Average non-MI=ic rank = 49.77

MI=sitematch counted = 547 Average rank = 43.18 non-MI=sitematch counted = 689692 Average rank = 49.57

Counters were last reset on June 12, 2004
I just saw that he reset the counters a few weeks ago. He will do that when something in the click-tracking changes or more refinement.

The general rule that should happen is to see the averages should be nearly the same. If it is lower average, then it is placing higher on the norm. The SiteMatch results appear to be placing slightly higher than non-SiteMatch sites.

But anyhoot, try the search their. The SiteMatch sites have these realllllllly big green $ next to them.
Old 09-01-2004   #25
strategicrankings
Seolid.com - Ranking Websites First - since 1999

strategicrankings will become famous soon enough
Has anyone seen this one?

Just got this layout while doing some searches this morning. I think its being tested. Does anyone have any idea?

http://www.grapevine.mu/images/newyahoolayout.gif
strategicrankings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #26
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about
I remember seeing that one before a few months back. Can't tell you what is going thru their mind though. Actually, I can't tell you what is going thru their mind most of the time anyway.
Old 09-01-2004   #27
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
It looks like the graphics and CSS files did not load for you.

I always see that (with images) at http://search.yahoo.com/

Am I missing something?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #28
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Anyone else notice that Yahoo seems to have shifted to showing only 10 results per page, rather than 20. I just spotted this for the first time today.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #29
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysullivan
Anyone else notice that Yahoo seems to have shifted to showing only 10 results per page, rather than 20. I just spotted this for the first time today.
I think it was first reported on September 16th.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #30
strategicrankings
Seolid.com - Ranking Websites First - since 1999

strategicrankings will become famous soon enough
The preferences for the number of results per page also includes 15 results per page now.
strategicrankings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #31
Phoenix

Phoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nice
Yes, looking at 10 results for this search I just did 10 seconds ago on Yahoo. Gonna have to modify my preferences a bit, liked 20 a lot better.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote