Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2005   #1
Wail
Another member

Wail will become famous soon enoughWail will become famous soon enough
Google X

There's a note on Google's Blog about Google X. Google X is supposed to be up on Google labs - labs.google.com/googlex. It's not there right now nor is there a link from the labs page.

Thankfully there's a cache. I thought I'd just record what Google X appears to be just in case Google has changed its mind.

Google X is a Google front page with the usual "Google Search" and "I'm Feeling Lucky" buttons. Images above the search box link to Web Search, Images, Groups, News, Froogle, Local, Scholar, Video, Maps and More... (in that order).

The tagline below the hyperlinks "Feedback", "Discuss", "Terms of Use" and "About Google" reads:
"Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you."

OS X is a link to http://www.apple.com/macosx/

So, Google X is a OS X friendly interface for Google.
Wail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #2
mcavill

mcavill is on a distinguished road
I liked it, but it looks like it's been taken down....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03...les_disappear/
mcavill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #3
jmfrance

jmfrance is on a distinguished road
Google X Cached !!

Hi,

I mirrored Google X for all those who'd like to try it out or just keep on using it.

http://ablaze.fr/GoogleX.htm

Enjoy !...
Ablaze.fr
jmfrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
jmfrance, please let us know if Google or Apple calls you.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #5
jmfrance

Ok

I'll let you know if I'm contacted.
Nothing for now...
Old 03-18-2005   #6
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfrance
I'll let you know if I'm contacted.
Nothing for now...
Thank you.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #7
Frank Kilkelly

Frank Kilkelly is on a distinguished road
The dock-like Google Navigator is a great addition. Very useful jmfrance.
Frank Kilkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #8
jmfrance

Contacted by Google !!

Here is the message (translated from french) :
I think this is some sort of automated message, but we will see if they will make real contact...

It has come to our attention that you use functionalities related to the Google brand (commercial logos, Web pages, screenshots or other Google functionalities) on your site without the preliminary authorization of Google.

You must imperatively obtain the authorization from Google to use on your site one of the functionalities related to the company trademark. This restriction is mentioned in our terms of use that you can get for the address http://www.google.com/permissions/guidelines.html.

If you continue to use these functionalities related to the Google brand on your site, a Google representative will contact you.

We thank you for your comprehension.

Sincerly,

The Google Team
Old 03-22-2005   #9
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Just want to make sure I follow the events here:

1) Google X goes up.
2) Google X comes down, and everyone is fairly certain it's because Apple objected over trademark and/or copyright issues.
3) The Google X mirror goes up.
4) Google objects that the mirror of its site that it likely removed for infringing Apple's trademarks is actually an infringement of Google's trademarks.

Can you let us know when Apple sends you an infringement notice, as well?
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #10
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can you let us know when Apple sends you an infringement notice, as well?
Or let us know when it's been taken down, which it really should be.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote