Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Vertical Markets & Specialty Search > Shopping & Comparison Engines
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2005   #1
sean

Become.com Launches Public Beta

Become.com beta is now open:

http://www.become.com/beta/
Old 02-11-2005   #2
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
Become.com beta is now open...
sean - You lost me at the log-in page where you ask for my email address.
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #3
projectphp
What The World, Needs Now, Is Love, Sweet Love

projectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to behold
You had me @ Hello... and lost me whith three extra clicks. I don't need you, you need me. don't make me do anything.

My $0.02...
projectphp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #4
sean

registration

Robert, I'm not Become.com, so I'm not asking anyone for anything. :-)

Yeah, they want an email addy, but they might have reasons for keeping such a tight leash on the early beta. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. If you are in the business of search engines, don't let a few extra clicks stop you from getting a sneak peek at an interesting new algorithm.
Old 02-11-2005   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
John Glick (Yahoo) Joins Become.com

Some breaking news from http://www.marketingshift.com/2005/0...got-talent.cfm - it says that John Glick, a major player at Yahoo!, has left Yahoo to join Become.com. Wow!

Yahoo has not yet commented to me on this, maybe Danny can get the scoop?

In addition to that, they got Chris Kermoian, formerly of Alta Vista is the Vice President of Product Management.

Big stuff, I'll have more on some other news soon. Great work by Dowdell.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #6
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
They reportedly filed a new patent named AIR - affiliate index ranking.

Last edited by Nacho : 02-11-2005 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Cleaned up url in post.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #7
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
Robert, I'm not Become.com, so I'm not asking anyone for anything. :-)

Yeah, they want an email addy, but they might have reasons for keeping such a tight leash on the early beta. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. If you are in the business of search engines, don't let a few extra clicks stop you from getting a sneak peek at an interesting new algorithm.
sean - Thanks for that clarification ...and for your additional encouragement to take a look.
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #8
B-Double-U

B-Double-U will become famous soon enough
why do I want to use this again

Please let me know what my incentive is for using this site?

I created an account and searched around.

It looks another Google knockoff AdWords and all.............
B-Double-U is offline   Reply With Quote