Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2005   #1
Dj Morri

Dj Morri is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy Links Proposition - is worth it ?

Hello everybody, this is a proposition for a website. I would like to know your comments:

Our PR is 6 right now, do you think we can boost our page rank if we buy this:

2 PR 8

5 PR 7

10 PR 6

thank you for comments

Last edited by Dj Morri : 01-27-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Dj Morri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #2
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
it is usually not a good call to do that in an open forum. others may now go buy the links that you were going to get.

also the feedback you get will likely be a reflection of how people view link renting in general. some love it and some hate it.
Old 01-27-2005   #3
glengara

glengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud of
Sort of depends whether you mean (a) boost your PR, or (b) improve your rankings.

I'd say probably to (a), and possibly to (b)....

Last edited by glengara : 01-27-2005 at 04:39 PM.
glengara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #4
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
DJ - I would guess that it will take some time - up to 6 months (2 MORE updates) before you see the full effect of those links and the resulting PR if you were to buy them today. PR takes a long time to transfer and appear in the toolbar these days, although many suspect Google calculates internally much faster.

I have several PR6 and PR7 links that according to the original PR formula should give me at least a 5 - these links first were spidered in August, but my PR did not rise to 5 until the January update...
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #5
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
My comments are, don't pay attention to your toolbar PageRank score.

Focus on getting links that are worth real traffic that might turn into a conversion in whatever it is that your website does (memberships, products, service, etc.). Then if those links bring PR, great, if not, who cares. Unless you are going to be selling PageRank (and be carefull if you are), then you shouldn't worry about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is nothing new and many of us think this way, so I don't mind saying it all over again for you.

Buena suerte!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote