Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2004   #1
Gilham19

Gilham19 is on a distinguished road
What Keywords Should I Use

Hay all

I am loving this forum!!! I am new in the SEO game. There is just sooo much to learn. I am coming up on my 3rd month (hopefully I'll become permanant) and my review is coming up. So I need to impress them...

Ok my question is this: What sites should I try linking to, besides directories, for an affiliate program site?

If I have not been clear enough please let me know and I shall give more detail. Oh yes, how many links is considered to many links on one page?

Thanks
Gilham
Gilham19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #2
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
>What Keywords Should I Use

ones that parties who may be interested in your products would use.

>What sites should I try linking to, besides directories, for an affiliate program site?

sites that enhance / improve your user experience or add credibility to your site.
Old 11-24-2004   #3
Gilham19

Gilham19 is on a distinguished road
Hi seobook

When you say credibility, do you mean other sites that will have the same info and more to benifit a user or similar sites with different info on it?

Thanks
Gilham19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #4
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilham19
When you say credibility, do you mean other sites that will have the same info and more to benifit a user or similar sites with different info on it?
yes, things that would enhance the user experience. or sites that would convey trust...perhaps for a merchant they may want to display a BBB logo or a thawte or square trade type logo.
Old 11-26-2004   #5
sugarrae
I Should Be Working

sugarrae has a spectacular aura aboutsugarrae has a spectacular aura aboutsugarrae has a spectacular aura about
"affiliate program site"

As in your are running an affiliate program that recruits affiliates to sell your products? Or is it a website selling things via someone elses affiliate program?

"What sites should I try linking to"

Whats the purpose of linking to these sites. Credibility, ranks, user experience? Are you speaking recip link exchanges, reg outbound links...

"Oh yes, how many links is considered to many links on one page?"

The more links there are on a page, the less value each one of them has to split link popularity wise. Experienced webmasters know this - and use it as a consideration when exchanging links.
sugarrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004   #6
seojob

seojob is an unknown quantity at this point
"affiliate program site"
If it is an affiliate directory / affiliate software / like site then 'internet marketing' sites, 'working from home' sites could be your target market.
Perform searches using your main keywords. Select the relevant but non-competing sites from the search results. Visit the sites personally and look for the link exchange facilities.

IMO, it is wise to use your links pages as quality resource pages and not just pages where you dump some links as link partner 1, 2, 3 and so....

I stick to 20 links per page.

Hope this helps,
SJ
seojob is offline   Reply With Quote