Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2004   #1
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about
MSN Search Champs: Unofficial Member List

Robin Good posted the members of the MSN Search Champs advisory group.

They are, in no particular order:
Elizabeth Lane Lawley, Paul Aelen, Ian Grayson, Chris Pirillo, Matt Paines, Kris Abel, Peter Stewart, Steven Bink, Don Park, Jason Dunn, Matt Miller, Andrea di Stefano, Aurelio Minerbo, Marc Mitrani, Buzz Bruggeman, Greg Boser, Maurizio Bergami, David Weinberger, Phil Bradley, Peter Da Vanzo, Loren Heiny, Brad Turcotte, Doug Seven, Alan Reiter, G้rald Claessens, Luca De Biase, Dave Winer, Marc Orchant, Marjolein Hoekstra and of course Robin Good.
It is a pretty diverse group from around the world including Denmark, France, Brazil, Netherlands, Italy, United Kingdom as well as the United States.
Old 10-04-2004   #2
rcjordan
There are a lot of truths out there. Just choose one that suits you. -Wes Allison

rcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to all
Interesting that some of them have made reference to a NDA.
rcjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #3
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about
NDA = Non-Disclosure Agreement.

I noticed that on entry in Peter Da Vanzo's blog.

Perhaps Robin went a little too far himself by publishing this list. Maybe not though, this will be common knowledge soon enough.
Old 10-05-2004   #4
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
it is a smart way to market their new search technology.
Old 10-05-2004   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Nice find Doger, Peter is a very funny guy and he has been around the search industry.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #6
Dodger
Honorary Member

Thanx Barry.

Peter's was about second or third post I came across about Search Champ Camp. But I have found that Liz Lawley is probably the most vocal in more than one place too.

Gotta love her latest entry about an infected PC unleashing a worm on the wireless network at the hotel that Microsoft set them all up in. She is thinking that one of the Champs imported the worm with one of their laptops (it can never be a Mac that would cause this, my lord).

She is now relishing in telling the staff at Microsoft in today's meetings about the episode.
Old 10-05-2004   #7
searchengineblog.com
There's an anti. Let's up it.

searchengineblog.com has a spectacular aura aboutsearchengineblog.com has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
infected PC unleashing a worm on the wireless network at the hotel that Microsoft set them all up in
Wasn't me, honest guv
searchengineblog.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #8
Dodger
Honorary Member

Hey! There is that Kat now!

I was just reading your latest blog entry (spam techniques ... hehehehe):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microserf from SearchEngineBlog
Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Microserf: I'm sitting in a meeting at the Microsoft campus listening to the very interesting Eric Brill from the MS research team. He's talking about language and how Microsoft approaches text handling. I thought it would be cool to post whilst in a meeting at Microsoft, if only for the bragging rights. I'm also skirting round the NDA, however we're assured we can mention the term "personalised search". Fascinating stuff. Eric's been talking about noisy channels. Lili Cheng is talking about social computing. I've been talking spam techniques with Greg Boser. Kidding.
Old 10-07-2004   #9
WebGuerrilla
The terrorist, not the monkey

WebGuerrilla has a spectacular aura aboutWebGuerrilla has a spectacular aura about
For the record, I don't think the hotel or Liz really had a clue about the source of the attack. It was just your typical Mac loving, PC hating rant. My computer was one of the ones that was blocked, but I did not have any virus and I was allowed back on the following morning without having to prove I was clean, or beg any Mac elitist for forgiveness.
WebGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #10
orion

orion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Move on MSN Champs...

The "real" list is here http://www.smart-keywords.com/2005/0...mps-2-real.htm

according to aussiewebmaster

Orion
orion is offline   Reply With Quote