Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012   #1
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice
Google Analytics New Version

Up until today I have been able to use the old version of Analytics. Now that link is no longer there.

Usually I will look to see what pages were viewed and then look at the sources of the views and the keywords used to find the page.

There might be a way to use the new version to find this important information, but I have yet to find it.

Anyone else notice that we can't use the old version anymore?
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #2
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice
Re: Google Analytics New Version

OK, I went into custom reports and created a report. It gave me the option of source, for which I picked Google. Now the second option did give me search term. Great!! But then it said it have any results. HUH??

The old version was quick. I could find the search terms for each page.
Old 04-23-2012   #3
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about

The link to the older version is actually in the footer of Google Analytics. The old Google Analytics is still there--they just moved the link to it to the footer (at the bottom of the page).
Old 04-24-2012   #4
Dan01

I saw that. Thank. Now I have been trying to get used to the new version. BTW, the new version tells me where the visitor came from. I can drill down to the keywords for the different SEs, which the old version didn't do. The old versions gave you the keywords and the sources, but you had to figure out what keywords went with what sources via trial and error.
Old 06-17-2013   #5
webpartner

If you want to collect data in both profiles, you’ll have to use both versions of the Google Analytics code at the same time. This means you’ll have two versions of everything. If you were to track an event for example, you’d have to track it twice (once for each version). And you’ll need to install both versions of the Tracking Code on every page of your site.