Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012   #1
Styling Designs
Styling Designs

Styling Designs is on a distinguished road
What is the best ´Total link value checker´ tool?

I am looking for a ´Total link value checker´ so I will be able to see in one quick overview how much backlink value a competitor has got. This will help me to make an estimate how much time and money it is going to take to get into the top spots.

This way I can make more accurate quotes for clients that want to be in the top spots of google.

I am looking for a tool that gives me reliable information of the total link value that a site is getting and with info about:
- links from unique domains

- Link value that the backlink page is passing through
- total amount of backlinks
- be able to filter side wide links so they will count as 1 backlink
- anchor text info
- geography of backlink domains
- pagerank info
- and more relevant info such as type of links, social links, directory links, in text links etc.

All links need to be able to filter them and sort on asending order etc.

I need to know how the backlink analyzer will calculate the total backlink value?

This way I will know if it is reliable or not.
Styling Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: What is the best ´Total link value checker´ tool?

there are a few that give good LinkResearchTools, SEOMoz tools and Linkdex
Old 03-25-2012   #3
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

they all offer trials so you should be able to test and see which meets your needs best
Old 03-27-2012   #4
cbhattarai

cbhattarai is on a distinguished road

It is better you have a Alexa ranking plugin and see all the backlinks..
cbhattarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #5
AussieWebmaster

alexa is a little general - I would use someone like SEOMoz or LinkResearchTools
Old 03-27-2012   #6
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about

I would add MajesticSEO to the list--although they do not report PageRank in particular, they have their own "rank" called "AC Rank". Basically the same thing, with a basis of 1 to 10, 10 being the best. I've found Majestic SEO to be the most accurate and most up to date.