Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > Bing PPC
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Bing ROI

Its that time of year create a new list of the needs and wants for Bing/Yahoo once again.

Our year long analysis of Bing/Yahoo has shown that Bing still does not provide the volume and ROI of Google. Volume even with the addition of Yahoo makes sense, however the ROI has been disappointingly low.

Here are my wants and needs for Bing:

1. Support for all Browsers. Safari is still not supported, can you imagine even the smallest of companies having a website that is not compatible with all browsers?

2. Interface speed. Each page still takes up to 10-15 seconds to load. Its seems like a small issue, but as you work within the interface throughout a day it because a frustrating experience.

3. Local targeting is a little bit challenging in that it is organized by metro areas instead of counties. We often find that we need to target by the county and not the city. San Diego county is much larger than San Diego Metro. Orange county and Los Angeles. A detailed map of city locations and or county coverage would help here.

4. Devices. One thing I really like with Adwords is being able to target a specific mobile platform. I may have a client with a mobile website utilizing flash. In this case I would like to create an adgroup that targets the Andriod OS and not iOS which will not support Flash.

5. I do like that Bing has made it fairly easy for eCommerce companies to add their product catalogue via their shopping tool feed.

6. The direction Google has taken by integrating reports directly into their ad management interface is a very productive one. Bings reporting still stands alone and makes it time consuming and more difficult to translate findings in your reports into actionable items in your campaigns.

7. Yahoo - Its not always where every client wants to advertise. It may be rare but there are times when it would be nice to exclude Yahoo search traffic.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #2
lethal0r

lethal0r is on a distinguished road
Re: Bing ROI

I used to have great ROI on Bing, in fact that was the only thing that made me bother with it! If thats gone then im not sure its worth putting much effort into a Bing PPC campaign.
lethal0r is offline   Reply With Quote