Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Web Analytics & Tracking > Measurement Tools
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Adobe Social Analytics

Adobe / Omniture is coming out with a "social analytics" application in Q3 of 2011.

I have limited information regarding the product's feature set so I'm hoping others in the forum may have had access to it and can share their thoughts. The Adobe Social Analytics is part of the overall "Adobe Marketing Suite".

My first thought is.. do we really need another social analytics package? A quick review of the feature set here http://www.omniture.com/press/877 shows that they are only addressing social sites like Facebook and Twitter.

Google Analytics covers a great deal and will certainly be addressing social very soon.

Most free and low cost social marketing services have basic reporting engines that give you what you need to know.

Enterprise apps like Radian6 have robust reporting that give you more than you need to know.

If I'm using the free and low cost apps, its because I have a low budget and thus will not be looking to purchase the high end Adobe social analytics.

If I'm an enterprise Social Media customer using Radian6, well I already have the reporting engine.

Point is there seems to be a lot of overlap in web analytics these days. I know that Adobe is offering a powerful analytics package, the question is who is best suited for this level of reporting and is the cost financially feasible?
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Adobe Social Analytics

heard about this but not seen to much on it as of yet... can reach out and see who may have heard more