Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Vertical Markets & Specialty Search > Social Media and Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Marketing Cars and other big ticket items on Twitter

wrote this the other day about high end sales on Twitter
http://searchenginewatch.com/3641564

anyone have any comments
Old 11-30-2010   #2
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Marketing Cars and other big ticket items on Twitter

dont have any particular input on your article, but Ive been wondering lately how in some niches - especially in e-learning - people do not really have a need to search for content. they really just have a need to find content.

and that twitter might actually be more effective for this (in the future, if twitter usage continues to grow).

heres an example: my dad is learning french right now. I think searching the web for content to practice french, by using google...isnt really a great way to discover the content he'll need to learn (i know this from my p ersonal experience as a teenager learning languages).

However...if he could follow like-minded people on twitter who regularly share relevant content...that might be a much more time-effective way to discover the content he needs.

Im really wondering if - in certain niches - twitter, facebook, and basically just sharing content...truly is a better way to discover content than search engines (unless they ever become truly awesome at serving you the content oyu really want..based on personalization,etc.).

Can you see this happening in e-learning (or certain other industries)? it really being about content discovery, and social media being a lot more effective than search (for the foreseeable future) at this?

Any idea if twitter+facebook already have a big share of the traffic development pie in certain industries? I think i once read this about real estate or lawyers...(that twitter was already big in those industries)
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Marketing Cars and other big ticket items on Twitter

you can do searches of French language in twitter and follow those peole and start short 140 character conversations