Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Web Analytics & Tracking > Google Analytics
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009   #1
clickthroughseo

clickthroughseo is on a distinguished road
Question Phone Call tracking module for Google analytics

We have an add-on module which allows you to tie phone call tracking and conversions in with Google Analytics from PPC, banner ads, organic rankings, forums etc. http://www.clickthrough-marketing.co...l-tracking.php

Does anyone have any other add-ons for Google analytics which help to measure similar calls to action, conversions, marketing actions and results etc which they use for clients?

Thanks
clickthroughseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Phone Call tracking module for Google analytics

there are a few companies offer phone tracking that can be easily added to GA - CallingU is one of top of my head
Old 08-31-2009   #3
deanpowel71

deanpowel71 is on a distinguished road

That's great information i did'nt knew that. Got to try this one.
deanpowel71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010   #4
whansen02
OldFart

whansen02 is on a distinguished road

Normally I wouldn't bump a thread so old but I've been using call tracking for years (one of the reasons I joined here was to get info) and it's crucial to almost any major web campaign I've launched.

I'd like to try discount call tracking on a micro-scale without any vanity 800 numbers or anything fancy to weigh down campaign costs. I have seen other SEOs talking about a Google based call-tracking API that's seamless with Google Analytics?

Nobody has said what limits it may have, if it's going to be free, or anything really interesting. Sorta hoping someone who's been beta testing might drop clues or info?

Thanks in advance for any replies/info!

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 06-25-2010 at 02:10 AM.
whansen02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010   #5
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

We have tried to look at and use call tracking, but there always seemed to be too many technical and financial limitations.

I can tell you this. Providing Google with access to call data and recordings gives corporations the heeby jeebies ala - Eric Holder and Eric Schmidt with Big sis tie-ins.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #6
BrianCosgrove
Hire the agency I work for, TPG Direct!

BrianCosgrove is on a distinguished road

Secondarily, you can do a little JavaScript detection that switches the phone numbers based on what Google is storing in it's cookie for medium, source, etc.... It's not going to tell you the keyword but it's certainly good summary data and doesn't cost a fortune or take a ton of time to create the JavaScript.
BrianCosgrove is offline   Reply With Quote