Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > Bing PPC
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009   #1
Jwm909

Jwm909 is on a distinguished road
Anyone Seen An Increase From Bing?

Not sure what to attribute it to, but I've noticed stronger-than-expected sales from Bing/MSN over the last couple weeks. Still coming in a distant third to Google and Yahoo, but my conversion rate was just under 5% for last week on Bing.

Anyone else noticing a new spark in their Bing stats?
Jwm909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Anyone Seen An Increase From Bing?

Given you get more from Google - but what is the CPA for Bing mine are always lower.
Old 08-28-2009   #3
deanpowel71

deanpowel71 is on a distinguished road

Bing certainly is becoming largely popular and soon will be a strong competitor for Google.
deanpowel71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4
victor01

victor01 is on a distinguished road

Msn is keep evolving from live to Bing,who knows in the near future it surpassed Google as the number 1 SE..
victor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #5
deanpowel71

Bing might be making steady process and is evolving as a major search engine around the globe. But still there are quite a number of things that has to be done to make it compete with Google.
Old 09-23-2009   #6
KSew

KSew is on a distinguished road

It will still take some more time for Bing to establish itself as a major search engine. Though the start is good.
KSew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #7
deanpowel71

I think that whatever progress Bing has made in recent times is quite impressive and promising. We can expect some surprises in the near future as well.
Old 10-02-2009   #8
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Bing had lower search numbers last month - August 0 but not significantly
Old 10-02-2009   #9
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

Traffic from Bing has been next to nothing. CPC has been high and what has converted tends to have a very high return rate. Although I don't mind using the SE, I have not seen anything compelling from the advertisers perspective.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #10
AussieWebmaster

I have gotten good CPA for financial services PPC from Bing/MSN
Old 10-20-2009   #11
deanpowel71

Bing has made great progress in very short time and this is really great for a new search engine.
Old 11-17-2009   #12
wordgeist

wordgeist is on a distinguished road

even when bing has become more popular the traffic to my sites has been close to cero. I was more happy with live.com
wordgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #13
rodhull
PPC Campaign Manager

rodhull is on a distinguished road

We've found (in the UK) Bing traffic volumes to be very good - certainly better than the old Live Search. Traffic volumes have been increasing recently too, across all sectors.

The other think to point out is that Bing traffic tends to convert very well, and in most cases much better than Google.
rodhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #14
AussieWebmaster

I agree Rod Bing does convert better - Google has the edge on volume but not cheaper
Old 11-18-2009   #15
rodhull
PPC Campaign Manager

rodhull is on a distinguished road

Yeah, and that's probably the key thing, and a bit of a Catch 22. Because of the lower volumes on Bing, there are fewer advertisers, meaning that you can get higher conversion rates. But of course volumes are too low, and if they did increase they would attract more advertisers, ultimately meaning conversion rate would likely drop.

However, I'd still love to get more volume from Bing!
rodhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #16
Carlos Chacón

Carlos Chacón is on a distinguished road

I got better conversion OR quality traffic from Bing and Yahoo than from Google too… no doubt!
But in terms of “volume” Google still the number #1.
Carlos Chacón is offline   Reply With Quote