Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2009   #1
Farhan

Farhan is on a distinguished road
Question Permanent 301 redirect, changed domain not indexing....help!

hi everyone,
i have moved my blog to a new domain name and set a 301 permanent redirect to the new(its an old domain) domain name. My previous domain has approx. 90 pages all indexed. The pages of the new domain name arent getting index. Can someone tell me how long does it take for google to index the new(changed) domain name? i have removed the sitemap of the previous domain name from google's webmaster tools and submitted the sitemap for the new(changed) domain name.
How long do i have to wait? Should i continue posting new content or should i wait to first get my posts indexed first?

thanx for reading,
Farhan.
Farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #2
KSew

KSew is on a distinguished road
Re: Permanent 301 redirect, changed domain not indexing....help!

Keep posting content. Google will index the pages in a few days time. Were you getting traffic from the search engines?
KSew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #3
Farhan

was getting some search traffic. But posting content is risky till it doesnt resume indexing
Old 02-06-2009   #4
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

this one is worth a read http://www.seoaly.com/canonical-url-...d-link-equity/
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #5
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

and this one http://econsultancy.com/blog/3244-ec...e-story-so-far
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009   #6
Farhan

the econsultancy case study is really great. a bit of advanced seo.
My old domain(hardly any backlinks) pages are still indexed and the pages at the new domain are indexed around 50 %. i have lost the rankings for the keywords i used too. All my pages on the old domain are 301 redirected to their corresponding pages on the new domain. Do i have to remove the old urls from google's index? if yes then how? after the old urls are de-indexed will the rankings return for the keywords (with the new domain)?

Last edited by Farhan : 02-15-2009 at 12:24 AM.