Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009   #1
rapidvectorseo

rapidvectorseo will become famous soon enoughrapidvectorseo will become famous soon enough
Is it good practice?

Hi Guys,
Let me know Is it good practice to do link building for non-existence page or website?

I mean to say i am going to add a new web page called "E-commerce-Solutions.html" on my site and i know it will take couple months time to up that page still i do want to build links for that page, so as soon as i live the page, i can have good back links for the very same page as well as good pr also.

I did the same stuff before a couple years ago when a website was a park domain and i was doing link building for that site for 3 months.

When i make that website live, i got PR 3 for that website at very first update from Google and was ranking very well on desired keywords in SERP...

What do you think about it?
rapidvectorseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Is it good practice?

You can point to a page on another website and build links and then redirect to the new domain when it launches
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #3
rapidvectorseo

rapidvectorseo will become famous soon enoughrapidvectorseo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster View Post
You can point to a page on another website and build links and then redirect to the new domain when it launches
Hey Frank, dat' good idea and ideal solution for website promotion.

But what if, i want to add a new page(s) in existing website and want to build links for that particular page.
Is it good to buy a domains for those particular pages, and once the pages become ready, i redirect (301 ) it from the domains which i bought?

I think multiple re-direction may cause a penalty, what do you think on this?
Old 01-07-2009   #4
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

I''m going to keep my advice short and simple: The time you spend trying to build links for a non-existent page or site can be better spent by actually developing the content.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #5
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

multiple 301s don't cause penalty
Old 01-09-2009   #6
felisha

felisha is on a distinguished road

well its ok to build links, then do 301 redirect when domain gets live.. As soon as it launches, provide relevant content on the page to obtain much better results.. I mean aside from building links, focus also to the onsite factors of the page...
felisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #7
AussieWebmaster

but the links should have something to point to... most people check and if the engines see them will throw off as 404 error pages and thus not followed
Old 01-12-2009   #8
rapidvectorseo

Thank you to all of you for your precious replies.