Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008   #1
johninbrooklyn

johninbrooklyn is on a distinguished road
How did this happen?

I ran a Search Query Report and found that someone typed "How do I buy x in Cleveland" whereas x is the product I sell and a keyword we use in broad match. This search was ran 11 times and clicked on 10 times. It is a very specific search and I'm wondering why Google would charge us 10 times. Frankly, I can't believe someone would type that into Google 11 times and click on our ad 10 times. But it appears they did and we paid for it.
johninbrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #2
johninbrooklyn

Re: How did this happen?

And we know this string was not typed by 11 different people by the way.
Old 12-10-2008   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

competitors perhaps
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #4
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninbrooklyn View Post
I ran a Search Query Report and found that someone typed "How do I buy x in Cleveland" whereas x is the product I sell and a keyword we use in broad match. This search was ran 11 times and clicked on 10 times. It is a very specific search and I'm wondering why Google would charge us 10 times. Frankly, I can't believe someone would type that into Google 11 times and click on our ad 10 times. But it appears they did and we paid for it.
Oh grief. Let's hope you're not selling game tickets.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #5
johninbrooklyn

Browns tickets? Does anybody buy those anymore?