Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008   #1
InformationSearch
"Information Captured if not disbursed, Leads to Information Loss"

InformationSearch is on a distinguished road
How do you get quality links?

How do you guys go about getting quality links? What would you suggest for a relatively new infodoro.com social networking website, like the one we have.

Also, how much time do you think i need to allow for link building activities on a daily basis? And what could be the ROI like?

Last edited by beu : 03-27-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: removed link
InformationSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #2
clearwriter
SEO and Driving website Traffic, Tips and articles | http://www.cleararticles.com

clearwriter is on a distinguished road
Re: How do you get quality links?

Hi, if your site has 1000 links, in the start, you will get good traffic.

Quality links are:
..coming from websites/forums/blogs that have same theme as ur site's

...coming form high page rank sites.

..The text in the links are related to your keywords.

You should get 40 links on daily basis, so that after 1 month your will be getting 1000+ links.

Install google tool bar and try to post your link on the forums/pages having high page ranks.

It will boost your page rank and increaese traffic.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jazajay : 04-10-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Sorry no sigs
clearwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #3
Jazajay

Jazajay has disabled reputation

Welcome to SEW clearwriter.
You sort of missed relevant.

Forums and blogs I'm sorry to say don't tend to make great links due to no or little relevancy, most of the time, and the use of a small thing called the nofollow attribute or mods snipping links

Good links come from relevant pages to your page content.

I would say write good high quality articles on your site that people will want, build link bait tools and participate in good comments on other peoples blogs. Not just hi and post your domain. But argue or explain why you agree or disagree. This will help to publicize your site.

If I read a comment on a blog I'm loyal to and like the opinion the author states I sometimes check the site out as a result if they show up once say hi an do one 1 I tend not to.

Look for keywords you competition has missed through keyword analysis's and write specialized articles for that. Depending on your site look for collectors sites. Write them a good article or place the article on your site and then send them a email explaining you like the site and you have written a article and if they would like to have a look, and it's url.

Look for good directories that specialize in one page for your business. Write good quality text for that site and bobs your uncle good link, relevant and good text on that page.

If you run a site about music. Write about the bands on the music you sell. Tours, whos still alive who died, members bibliography's etc... this will get you good relevant content most of which will tend to get missed by your competitors and generate you alot of traffic. Then find band supporter websites say I've written this bibliography of the band can you have a look to see if I have missed anything. This will get even more relevant content and hopefully some good quailty links back.

You can spend days going around blogs and forums picking up low level links or you can use the most powerful tool you have when it comes to link building - your brain. Think outside the box. Who would like my information, which sites would like to link to it. Any industry can do this.

Travel industries write content about hotels find out who's specailizes in those areas and submit it to hoilday review sites, travels agencys etc... etc... etc...

By doing this you will get 1 link that is worth 100's of lower level ones and relevant content that may just give you good SERP's on it's own.

Hope that helps.

Jaza
Jazajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #4
clearwriter
SEO and Driving website Traffic, Tips and articles | http://www.cleararticles.com

Thanks,

Your post is good and helping.

Can u do favour.

Please check my site
<snip>

and let me know how can i improve it for getting at least 1000 visitors per day and boost page rank

I am getting some good google rank for some good keywords. for example for these keywords.
"Improve google Rank by driving free Traffic" first position

<google link snip>
But im not getting much traffic from google :-(

Thanks,
imran

Last edited by Marcia : 04-14-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Sorry, no personal site reviews.
Old 04-10-2008   #5
Jazajay

I'll be happy to clearwriter.
Make some good contributing posts around here first though and I may just do that

Jaza

Last edited by Jazajay : 04-10-2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Odd word here and there
Old 04-10-2008   #6
clearwriter

Don't worry, i am here and will do that, but don't make it a compulsion, plz........ :-)
Old 04-10-2008   #7
Jazajay

No I wont make it complusary as that is not what we do.
Look into your alt attributes and title. This TBH is madness
Quote:
<a href="annoying-website-design.php" title="Annoying Website Design">Annoying Website Design</a>
Sorry just made me laugh.
The title attribute has no seo weight and does not need to repeat the anchor text. It only needs to be used if the anchor text is unclear.
That adds to your bloat. Also your alt attributes seem a bit spammy.

Look into sorting your onpage optimization out. Would be my advice before you try to sort any off page.

Look into the link building and optimization forums here at SEW.

If you want more advice either contribute to the community first.
We are happy to help that is why we are here but questions like sort my site out are a bit vague, or ask general questions regarding certain issues or advice on a topic you would like to understand better, with out linking to your site, and you will get better answers.

Hope it helps and look forward to talking to you soon.
Jaza

Last edited by Jazajay : 04-10-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Odd word here and there
Old 04-10-2008   #8
clearwriter

Just give your thoughts......
Old 04-10-2008   #9
clearwriter

Thanks, i am happy to see your comments :-)
Old 04-10-2008   #10
Jazajay

As I said glad to help and I will hopefully see you around here soon with some good questions.
If you have any more questions you would like to ask the community, just start a new thread.

Take care clearwriter

Jaza

Last edited by Jazajay : 04-10-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Odd word here and there
Old 04-11-2008   #11
BillChineseMedicine

BillChineseMedicine is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Could you please give me the list of some of the high PR forums and blogs which can provide me the quality links on participating.

Also provide me the list of my site theme related forums and blogs so that I can get the theme related links.

My Site is: <snip>

Thanks
Bill

Last edited by jimbeetle : 04-11-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Snipped link drop
BillChineseMedicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #12
ravi9237

ravi9237 is on a distinguished road

Hi...

If you want quality likes you can do Directory submission also through Directory submission you can get quality links.... but it take some time to get back links... well if you want forums, select the forums related to your website... this forms help to get more traffic. so you want to search forums use your "keyword + forum" in Google you can get the forums related to your website..

Last edited by Marcia : 04-14-2008 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Sorry, no sigs. Thank you!
ravi9237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #13
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
select the forums related to your website...
Just make sure to double-check first whether a particular forum allows links and/or signatures. Some do, and some don't.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #14
amabaie
The Happy Guy

amabaie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How do you guys go about getting quality links?
Ask for them.
amabaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #15
WorldBusiness

WorldBusiness is on a distinguished road

Vertical portals are also useful in getting good links. Vertical portals are designed for people of a given niche which means that the people visiting those portals are likely to be more interested in what you have to say than the general websurfer. If you can locate and and then get listed in a vertical portal it may just increase your traffic. The thing is, how to recognize a good vertical portal? That's something I'm still working on myself.
WorldBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #16
jacky123

jacky123 is on a distinguished road

There are so many ways to come on the first page of all the search engines but the main problem is that SEO is a continuous process and need time so try to contact SEO firms <snip> if you need quick result

Last edited by Marcia : 04-19-2008 at 08:48 AM.
jacky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #17
mooreseo
Oversees: Link Building

mooreseo has a spectacular aura aboutmooreseo has a spectacular aura about

If "quick results" are what you need, link building will not guarantee you anything. Quick (and mass) link building is rarely successful in the long run. There are some who like to get the quick hit, then when they are found out, they bail and start another site. This is not a good, long-term strategy.

As someone who works in SEO, a solid optimization plan takes a lot of time and needs to be thought of in terms of long-term, phased approaches.

To be honest, PPC works best for short term, quick results.
mooreseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #18
gasyoun

gasyoun is on a distinguished road

Blog networks with some age can do good.

Last edited by Marcia : 04-22-2008 at 05:34 PM.
gasyoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #19
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute

Paid blog networks are easy to spot, and people better make sure their sites are squeaky clean enough for manual review if they want to chance it.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #20
jacky123

jacky123 is on a distinguished road

There are so many SEO tools such as Article, directory, Press Release, Search Engine submission. By applying all these SEO tools you must enhance your website traffic and visitors also.

Last edited by Marcia : 04-23-2008 at 07:25 AM. Reason: No sigs or URLs, please.
jacky123 is offline   Reply With Quote