Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2008   #1
AzamMarketing

AzamMarketing is on a distinguished road
Question New Site And Category Exclusion Tool for Content Network - what to exclude?

I am unblocking most of the categories.

Which ones do you think are most likely to attract demographics who are unlikely to be able to buy online and are therefore less desirable?

For example, I personally have stopped ads showing for 'Death & Tragedy' as people are less likely to be in the mindset to book automobile hire. I am have done the same for 'Juvenile, gross & bizarre content' as they are more likely to be children. Are these fair assumptions?

Here are the exclusions possible:

- Conflict & tragedy -
Crime, police & emergency
Death & tragedy
Military & international conflict

- Edgy content -
Juvenile, gross & bizarre content
Profanity & rough language
Sexually suggestive content

- Network types -
Error pages
Parked domains

- User-generated content -
Forums
Image-sharing pages
Social networks
Video-sharing pages
AzamMarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008   #2
SearchEnginePPC
PPC Consultant

SearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura about
Re: New Site And Category Exclusion Tool for Content Network - what to exclude?

If you have Google conversion tracking in place, you should see click/impression/conversion/etc. stats next to each of those categories (over a given period of time) which should help to determine which categories to keep and which to exclude.

Also, don't forget to look at the other two tabs, one of which includes the ability to exclude Error & Parked Domain sites from displaying your Content ads.
SearchEnginePPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #3
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Re: How many have blocked Parked Domains?

Just curious.

Have you found that your parked domain ads have performed well or poorly?

Would you continue to use parked domain ads if you could pick and choose which domains are displaying your ads?

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #4
SearchEnginePPC
PPC Consultant

SearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura about
Re: New Site And Category Exclusion Tool for Content Network - what to exclude?

For one of my clients, both parked domains and error page ads perform horribly. Cost/lead is nearly 4x the other Content CPLs, and in most cases, forced them out of the Content field a while back.

Most of my other clients, even though they have a lot of Content traffic, actually don't have a lot from either Parked Domains or Error Pages. The traffic that they do get, performs just about the same or slightly worse than the rest of the Content traffic.

For me, my default is to not use Parked Domains or Error Page ads. But most of my clients are B2B high tech, so the spaces don't make much sense in the first place. For a more general B2C or ecommerce product, I might think twice before defaulting out of those without data.
SearchEnginePPC is offline   Reply With Quote