Join Date: Dec 2007
In my column last week, I asked readers to chime in on which Web site (Travelocity, Expedia or Orbitz) had canonical issues.
I would like to get a thread started here, for you guys to respond.
After I completed my column, I actually came across other issues (thanks in part to reader replies) that these Web sites are faced with.
If you have other interesting findings for these Web sites, please post them here! Perhaps we'll get these major travel portals to take notice!
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: Canonical Issues
Great question, Mark. We've received tons of reader responses. So here's the breakdown from your SEW Experts "Au Natural" column:
* 1,380,000 pages indexed in Yahoo.
* 18,900 backlinks indexed in Yahoo.
* Has the keyword in the URL. That never hurts.
* Title tag of home page is "Travel: Airfares, hotels, vacations, cruises, car rentals and more at Travelocity.com." So, the first keyword in the title tag of the home page is "Travel."
* 588,000 pages indexed in Yahoo.
* 48,600 backlinks indexed in Yahoo.
* Title tag of the home page is "Expedia Travel: Cheap Airfare, Hotels, Car Rental, Vacations & Cruises." Note to those responsible for SEO for Expedia: consider moving "Expedia" to the end of the title, to get the word "Travel" at the beginning of the title tag.
* 1,460,000 pages indexed in Yahoo.
* 5,700 backlinks indexed in Yahoo.
* Title tag of the home page is "Orbitz: Cheap Travel, Flights, Hotels, Vacations, Car Rentals, Cruise, Activities." Again, consider moving "Orbitz" to the end of the title tag. The search engines are smart enough to know a search for "orbitz" is probably meant to find www.orbitz.com.
Oversees: Other Google Issues
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, VA.
Re: Canonical Issues
stuff like this:
These are all the same page, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Last edited by JohnW : 02-06-2008 at 09:26 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How the Web Community Can Bring Awareness about Environmental Issues||Relevancy||The Padded Room||7||03-06-2007 02:49 PM|
|Google Canonical URL Issues with http and https||atlantaec||Google Web Search||5||05-05-2006 01:36 PM|
|Language & Domain Name Issues - SES Toronto||rustybrick||SEM Related Organizations & Events||0||05-05-2005 02:53 PM|
|Chapter on Dynamic Site issues should contain ...?||GlobalSEO||Dynamic Website and Technical Issues||3||11-08-2004 11:48 AM|