Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2007   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Google Keyword Tool Showing Search Numbers

Okay they may only be testing this but read this... and say a prayer they roll it out!

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 03-09-2007 at 08:19 PM.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #2
ExposureTim
TimDineen

ExposureTim will become famous soon enough
I can't wait... want it now!
ExposureTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #3
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
well hopefully we will hear more about this in the near future
Old 03-11-2007   #4
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
well hopefully we will hear more about this in the near future
I would love to see this feature. Right now, when you sort by search volume, like-sized bars are treated equally and terms for each bar are then alphabetized within each size-group, which makes the tool relatively useless if you like to do your own thinking and set your own priorities.
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #5
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

BuckfastMonk will become famous soon enough
excellent!

Thanks for sharing!
BuckfastMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #6
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Charlton
I would love to see this feature. Right now, when you sort by search volume, like-sized bars are treated equally and terms for each bar are then alphabetized within each size-group, which makes the tool relatively useless if you like to do your own thinking and set your own priorities.
I agree they are useless
Old 03-29-2007   #7
shilly
SMM

shilly is a jewel in the roughshilly is a jewel in the roughshilly is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to say, I asked 2 "Googlers" about this (showing actual traffic numbers) and this was the reply from one and the other said pretty much the same thing:

"The keyword traffic information may have been an error on
our end, but I am unaware of any future initiatives to show this
information. If information such as this goes public in the future, we'll
definitely notify you."

I would have loved this new tool!!!
shilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #8
shorebreak

shorebreak will become famous soon enough
Don't Expect Accurate Traffic Estimation From Google...EVER

I don't see why anyone would choose to rely on Google's traffic estimation.

A) they've already established that they can't estimate traffic correctly (Traffic Estimator anyone?)

B) the real important piece - understanding the relationship between max CPC, effective CPC, ad position, resultant clicks and conversions - still depends on the specifics of the advertiser's campaign, something Google doesn't factor into its traffic numbers

Is your desire to have traffic numbers from Google so you can figure out the potential volume from *new* keywords? If so, why not use Hitwise or some other such tool?

-Shorebreak
shorebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #9
allsux

allsux can only hope to improve
Arrow keywords tool

if you want to compete, use a tool to steal competitor keywords ... the google and yahoo equivalents aren't nearly as user-friendly and much more buggy. for a review of a more reliable one see <snip>
like the review says, you can test-run it and sign up for different levels if you're not sure you wanna bust out big bucks to buy the full version. then compare your results to other methods ... i've found it pays for itself *shrug*

Last edited by Marcia : 03-30-2007 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Removed link drop.
allsux is offline   Reply With Quote