Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2007   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Last Week's CPC Bid Errors

Okay they said this has been corrected.

Anyone still having problems?

Or did not get credited?

Post here so they can run them down for you.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #2
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
Our CPCs looked way out of wack when I ran previous day reports on Friday. But now, all looks to be corrected.

MSN did a great job in taking care of this quickly. I knew that it would be fixed, but you never know how long or difficult that can be.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #3
ExposureTim
TimDineen

ExposureTim will become famous soon enough
Yep. Cost and CPC back to what they were expected to be for a normal Thursday. In fact, comparing the previous report to what is showing now, I have a feeling they just completely credited those clicks (if the were real in the first place) at a cost of 0 rather than reduce the click cost to the bid amount.

If so, kudos to MSN for erring on the side of caution there.
ExposureTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #4
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Hey the speed of the response and the way they gave all funds back shows they are ready to be the big player in the space. I hope Google took notice.
Old 02-27-2007   #5
ExposureTim
TimDineen

I'm not sure how big they are going to be, until they come up with something unique (first, rather than copy) but I sure am a proponent of some healthy competition to keep the others on their toes.

It's not happened yet - have you tried talking to anyone at Google about click-fraud or refunds lately? - and it'll mean a ton more labor if there were a handful of decent search sites with substantial traffic... but competition is good for all.
Old 02-27-2007   #6
AussieWebmaster

I am always talking to Google about click fraud and refunds.....
Old 02-27-2007   #7
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
Hey the speed of the response and the way they gave all funds back shows they are ready to be the big player in the space. I hope Google took notice.
Their AdCenter platform still has FAR to go just to catch Yahoo's Panama, nevermind Google AdWords, in my opinion.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #8
scuba5794

scuba5794 is on a distinguished road
found similar problems on my account with CPC not matching the bid but they appeared to have fixed the issue
scuba5794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #9
ExposureTim
TimDineen

Quote:
I am always talking to Google about click fraud and refunds.....
And they don't listen very well. Hopefully the up and comers will keep give them a push in the right direction on such topics.

MSN's execs would probably hate to be considered an up-and-comer or underdog, but they are and it's in there best interest to provide a better product or better response and customer service, as they did here.

Transparency and communication are just as important as the rest of it.