Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Other Yahoo! Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Yahoo China Testing Niche Markets?

The move of Yahoo China to develop as a finance/business search engine is interesting. Could it be a test market for future global shifts?

It is not that far fetched an idea. Yahoo China is number two in this market - one with major potential but not huge numbers right now. Yahoo has been know for giving away international search - but their efforts lately have been shrewd. The acquisition of Terespondo, the growth of International PPC into India and other moves have shown some well thought out plans.

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 01-08-2007 at 07:26 AM.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #2
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Heck Aussie, from a look into my PPC stats I thought Yahoo had partnered up with China years ago! SHANGHAI must have one heck of a profitable YPN account.

I think certainly SE's are trying to build in-roads to foreign markets and China is a huge target. My thought is how will Y! deal with the negative PR associated with working with and creating huge profits for a communist party that represses its people and in some circles is not necessarily a "good friend" of the U.S. I know many U.S. companies do business with China, but Google does not (or can't) and this could generate a controversy for Yahoo.

I think they should target more PR friendly markets first.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Actually Google is in there boots and all.... they own about 5% of Baidu - China's largest engine.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote