IndustrySearchDay | Is Your Landing Page Relevant?

SearchDay | Is Your Landing Page Relevant?

Today's search engine marketing news and opinion: Is Your Landing Page Relevant?; Link Building 101; Google Updates Firefox Toolbar with Personalized Tab Page; and more.

Today’s Top Story:

SEW Expert - William Flaiz William
Flaiz
Is Your Landing Page Relevant?
More SEW EXPERTS: OUTSOURCED SEW EXPERTS: OUTSOURCED
Your landing page is the first impression by which search engines and users alike will judge your site. And when a searcher first lands on your Web site, you have but mere seconds to establish credibility. Web sites must rise to the occasion and create landing pages that rank for important keywords while engaging the reader.
» Full story » Print version

Search Engine Watch Experts Columns

SEW Expert - Ron Jones Ron
Jones
Link Building 101, Part 1
More SEW EXPERTS: SEM 101 SEW EXPERTS: SEM 101
The concept of getting backlinks to a page internally is sometimes overshadowed by trying to acquire backlinks from external pages. Why not use the same concept and apply it to your internal linking structure and reap the rewards?
SEW Expert - Elisabeth Osmeloski Elisabeth
Osmeloski
2009 is a Year of Change for Travel Search Marketing
More SEW EXPERTS: VERTICAL SEARCH SEW EXPERTS: VERTICAL SEARCH
The economy is forcing travel search marketers to change the way they approach online marketing. The travel vertical is already one of the most advanced groups of search marketers, but the industry has been under more pressure in recent months to make their campaigns count.
SEW Expert - Frank Watson Frank
Watson
Battling Click Fraud is Important for All Involved
More SEW EXPERTS: SEM CROSSFIRE SEW EXPERTS: SEM CROSSFIRE
Every pay-per-click advertiser sees the presence of click fraud, as does every search engine. We’re just disagreeing about the numbers. Both sides need to acknowledge that a certain level of click fraud exists, and work together to diminish its impact.

News from the Search Engine Watch Blog

Google Updates Firefox Toolbar with Personalized Tab Page
Posted by Nathania Johnson Feb 2, 2009

Google has updated its Firefox toolbar with a nifty new feature: a personalized tab page. If you use Firefox and conduct tabbed browsing, you know that when you open a new tab, a blank page comes up. But with this new update, Google toolbar users will now see a Google branded …
» Continue reading

The Obligatory Google “Site May Harm Your Computer” Post

Over the weekend, the blogosphere, journalists and Twitterers were all a-flutter over a Google glitch. It seems for an hour on Saturday morning, every site in the Google results were labeled with “This site may harm your computer.” Yes, that’s right. Google made a mistake. And you know what? The earth …
» Continue reading

Dogpile.com’s Search & Rescue Program Helps Soldiers Bring Home Rescued Dogs from Afghanistan

Last November, Dogpile.com launched its “Search and Rescue” program that donates money to animal-related charities. The program also helps people find help for needy animals. Two soldiers in Afghanistan found out about the program and looked for assistance in bringing two stray dogs they’d rescued home to the U.S. The soldiers …
» Continue reading

Google AdWords Launches New Traffic Model for Ad Planner
Posted by Nathania Johnson Jan 30, 2009

Last year, Google launched Ad Planner as a way to help media buyers plan their advertising campaigns. Now, they’ve updated their traffic models to improve planning. Here are the updates: Added Unique Visitors (cookies), a new cookie-based metric, to help you cross-check and compare metrics, similar to Google Analytics unique visitor metrics.Changed …
» Continue reading

Higher Education and Travel Industry Headed to SES London 2009
Posted by Greg Jarboe Jan 30, 2009

According to the organizers of SES London 2009, it looks like attendance will be up this year. While this may come as a surprise to some, Matt McGowan, Publisher of the conference series in addition to its sister sites ClickZ and Search Engine Watch, says, â””Attendance figures are up …
» Continue reading

Search Engine Watch Forum Discussions

Adwords editor 7.0 is slower ?? Feb 2, 2009
Hi. I just made the update of the Adwords editor from the 6.5 version to the 7.0. The new version has improvemenents but… IT WORKS VERY SLOW as its predecessors. My questions: – This slowness. It only happens to me? – Do you recommend some configuration to speed the software up? There is no forum were …
» Join the discussion
Overlaying search with geography Feb 1, 2009
I’m doing a tiny project for a friend of mine who owns a yoga and pilates studio. We’re trying to use search to figure out how far from her studio we should be advertising. Should we advertise just in Manhattan? Should we advertise in Long Island/New …
» Join the discussion
% of savings strategy Feb 2, 2009
I have a new client who spend $50,000 last year and had 20,900 clicks and 312,661 impressions. I am considering offering them a % of savings deal where I guarantee the same number of clicks, using the same keywords at lower cost ($50,000) and where I get 50% of …
» Join the discussion

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing