SEOSES Chicago 2010 to Feature Mari Luangrath, Head Cupcakeologist and Owner of Foiled Cupcakes

SES Chicago 2010 to Feature Mari Luangrath, Head Cupcakeologist and Owner of Foiled Cupcakes

SES Chicago 2010 gets underway next week. I’m planning to attend the Marketing Virtuoso Session entitled “Shoes, Cupcakes and Social Media: Building an Army of Brand Ambassadors.”

The speaker is Mari Luangrath, Head Cupcakeologist at Foiled Cupcakes, Chicago’s most talked about gourmet cupcake company.

Mari Luangrath of Foiled Cupcakes at SES New York 2010.jpg
Mari Luangrath, Head Cupcakeologist at Foiled Cupcakes

Luangrath is obsessed with shoes. She is so obsessed that she launched her cupcake business by talking about . . . shoes. She’s also passionate about bringing people together, fostering personal relationships, and providing the absolute best in personal service, delivery and quality.

And as a result, Foiled Cupcakes now personally serves a client list of more than a hundred Fortune 500 companies, a dozen wholesale and restaurant partnerships, and a healthy list of Chicago’s influencers. Clients include the Adler Planetarium, Bank of America, BP North America, The Chicago Cubs, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago Tribune, Citigroup, Edelman PR, The Food Channel, NBC, Northwestern University, and the Wrigley Company.

The social media maven launched her website in June 2009 and started marketing via Twitter and Facebook — totally by accident. Social media marketing helped Luangrath surpass her revenue goals by more than 600 percent in a year.

At SES Chicago 2010, Luangrath will share the three easy, applicable, and effective strategies she’s found to channel prospects into buyers during the launch and growth stages of Foiled Cupcakes: 1. participate in relatable conversations; 2. facilitate fun; 3. do it again.

She’ll provide concrete examples of social media campaigns following this methodology along with real outcomes and actual numbers, along with the pitfalls and mishaps the company has encountered along the way.

How do I know all this? Well, I read the SES Chicago agenda. And I read the press release that went out two days ago. And I watched the video interview of Luangrath that Mel Carson of Microsoft Advertising conducted at SES New York 2010.

Check it out below.

The business value of social media with Foiled Cupcakes owner, Mari Luangrath

According to Luangrath, “SES Chicago is a great place for local Chicago area businesses to come together and discuss strategies concerning social media and online marketing, as well as to network and develop strong local business relationships. The last time I attended SES, I had such a positive experience and met hundreds of new contacts that helped my business grow tremendously. I don’t expect anything less from SES Chicago 2010!”

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook