AnalyticsGoogle Acquires Twitter Analytics Startup SocialGrapple

Google Acquires Twitter Analytics Startup SocialGrapple

Details of the SocialGrapple deal were not disclosed but it appears to be a talent acquisition. It gives you visual insights, email reports, and many other monitors to help you understand your Twitter account and what's going on behind the scenes.

google-acquires-social-grapple

Twitter analytics startup SocialGrapple has been acquired by Google. The exact details of the deal were not disclosed, but TechCrunch notes this is more of a talent acquisition by Google.

SocialGrapple started a year ago by Y Combinator alum Andrey Petrov. It gives you visual insights, email reports, and many other monitors to help you understand your Twitter account and what’s going on behind the scenes. It will even archive every keyword tweet that you specify and show the growth for the particular keyword you choose and track any Twitter social graph over time. Here’s a pretty cool example of what SocialGrapple can keep track of over time.

Here’s a statement released by SocialGrapple about the acquisition:

SocialGrapple started a year ago, and launched only a couple of months later as a social graph analytics service. It was an amazing learning experience and I am incredibly grateful to all the users who supported this venture. Much of what was built over the months came directly from your needs and requests, so I feel like we were all on this journey together.

Since the first launch, we also explored keyword tracking and branched out to other social networks, but this was only scratching the surface. I’m looking forward to taking these ideas to the next level and revealing metrics on an incredibly larger scale.

Thank you again for being a part of my journey. I strive to continue building tools that make the world more transparent and empowered, and I can’t imagine a better partner than Google.

With all the analytics and data that SocialGrapple crunches, it’s looking like Google acquired them to help with the analytics behind Google+ – perhaps for the coming brand pages.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook