SEOHubspot Releases State of the Twittersphere Report

Hubspot Releases State of the Twittersphere Report

Hubspot has released a report it dubs the “State of the Twittersphere” which they say is akin to Technorati’s “State of the Blogosphere.” It uses data from Twitter Grader (a very vain way of showing who’s “popular” on Twitter) to offer the following interesting stats about the popular social networking tool:

twitterusergrowth2008.jpg

twitteruserfollowers2008.jpg

twitteruserfollowing2008.jpg

twitterusertweets2008.jpg

What’s missing from this data is how many user accounts are active. With so many users following or being followed by 25 or fewer people, it has me wondering if many people try Twitter but not really getting how it’s useful. I was that way when I first tried Twitter in 2007. Of course, that was before you could do good searching of Twitter and when there were fewer people using it.

I started up again when I heard Peter Shankman speak at a local interactive marketing luncheon. He explained how to network on it and how to participate in the conversations going on via Twitter, and I’ve been a avid user ever since.

Now, I’ll pass along the advice. Here are some great blog posts on how to make the most of Twitter.

Small Business Owners Need Twitter and LinkedIn
Zappos + Twitter = Innovative Success!
Add Value to Twitter Tweets
Using Twitter as an Education Tool
Twellow: Twitter Member Search
Is Twitter the New Google Alternative?
It’s Official – Twitter’s a Marketing Medium

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m