SEOWOM Heats Up for Global Warming Flick

WOM Heats Up for Global Warming Flick

I just received an e-mail from a friend urging me in the strongest terms to see the new Al Gore movie “An Inconvenient Truth.” To wit: “This movie really does a great job at explaining how and why global warming is happening. I believe that every single person on this planet should see this movie. If we don’t start making changes now, we are in for a climate catastrophe – in our lifetime. Seriously. This is not an exaggeration – it is reality. It’s almost too big to fully understand. It’s terrifying. But we can do something about it.”

After reading a recent Berkeley Daily Planet story, which described how high school kids were creating posters promoting the movie and putting them up in vacant store windows, I thought… “Wow… serious word of mouth!”

It’s like the liberal version of the grassroots groundswell that propelled “The Passion of the Christ” to become such a hit.

Judging from my exchange with my e-mailing friend, these expressions of support aren’t orchestrated, but the film’s Web site, climatecrisis.net, definitely provides plenty of material for those of a mind to spread the word.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook