VideoGoogle Video Shows Easy Method To Transfer Videos To YouTube

Google Video Shows Easy Method To Transfer Videos To YouTube

I received an email this morning from the Google Video team explaining how to transfer my videos from their hosting to YouTube and that the closing of this product on April 29 will not be happening. The email was a followup to a previous one detailing how to download the videos to my computer. Apparently a large number of users had asked Google for a quick way to transfer them to YouTube.

“Google Video users can rest assured that they won’t be losing any of their content and we are eliminating the April 29 deadline. We will be working to automatically migrate your Google Videos to YouTube. In the meantime, your videos hosted on Google Video will remain accessible on the web and existing links to Google Videos will remain accessible,” the email stated.

Google Video Shows Easy Method To Transfer Videos To YouTube

The email went on to explain:

“We’ve created an “Upload Videos to YouTube” option on the Google Video status page. To do this, you’ll need to have a YouTube account associated with your Google Video account (you can create one here). Before doing this you should read YouTube’s Terms of Use and Copyright Policies. If you choose this option, we’ll do our best to ensure your existing Google Video links continue to function.”

GV_YTUpload.png

“If you’d prefer to download your videos from Google Video, that option is still available.

As we said nearly two years ago, the team is now focused on tackling the tough challenge of video search. We want to thank the millions of people around the world who have taken the time to create and share videos on Google Video. We hope today’s improvements will help ease your transition to another video hosting service.”

Seems simple enough – thanks Google.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing