IndustryGoogle Health To Cure The World?

Google Health To Cure The World?

Garett Rogers reports of a recent Google hire, Adam Bosworth, with the title “Architect, Google Health.” Garett asks, what would the Architect, Google Health do at Google? I have read some speculation that Google’s enormous database can potential cure the world of illnesses. It can help be a predictive gauge for diseases to come, as well. This is all just speculation, but based on Bosworth’s background, something may be up at Google.

PostScript: I wanted to do a follow up on this entry, because I was not able to provide sufficient time to it early.

There are many health related search engines out there. Here is a round up of some of the health related vertical search from some of the big players and he small.

1) Conduct a search on influenza at Ask.com, notice the Smart Answer built in.
2) Try Yahoo also, a search on influenza shows you a Yahoo Shortcut result from the health.yahoo.com portal.
3) Medline Plus contains health information from the National Library of Medicine. There are over 700 diseases and topics updated by experts here and some excellent detailed health tutorials.

Also, Dean Giustini has a good write up on how Google is changing medicine.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook