IndustryHow To Add Your Local Business Ad In Google AdWords

How To Add Your Local Business Ad In Google AdWords

I just posted about Google’s New Local Business Ads, but this entry is going to take you step by step on how I added my icon and logo to my company’s, RustyBrick, listing.

I logged into my Google AdWords Account, which was also linked to the Google account I used to update my local business listing. I was presented with a link to “Create New Local Business Ad”, which looked like;

geo-ads-1.gif

I clicked on that link and moved on to a page that asked to help identify my company. The page was a form prefilled with my company’s information, so I clicked continue below the form. Here is a screen capture;

geo-ads-2.jpg

Google found one listed and asked me to confirm this listing before preceding, so I did, here is that screen;

geo-ads-3.jpg

The next screen asked me to create my ad, and it showed me a preview of the ad, as I create it, much like how normal ads work in AdWords. It looked like;

geo-ads-4.jpg

Part of this screen, they asked me to pick a map icon, here is the dhtml pop up of icon choices;

geo-ads-5.jpg

I then uploaded my logo and clicked save, which took me back to the ad preview page for both my listings (i.e. normal ad and geoad);

geo-ads-6.jpg

So I clicked on edit ad, under the geo ad, and was presented with the full view on the AdWords management screen;

geo-ads-7.jpg

Here is a view of my listing on Google Local Maps;

geo-ads-8.jpg

When I click on that windmill logo, it brings up my image ad portion;

geo-ads-9.jpg

No, I did not click on my ad, and I hope you guys don’t either. That is the reason I did not link directly to the Google Local result. 🙂

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook