IndustryMatt McGowan Quoted in BusinessWeek Article about SEO Jobs

Matt McGowan Quoted in BusinessWeek Article about SEO Jobs

I get most of my news online, but I still read newspapers and magazines. And I got caught up on my reading over the past 72 hours as I battled the norovirus.

Matt%20McGowan%20in%20Times%20Square.jpg So, imagine my surprise when I saw Matt McGowan, publisher of SearchEngineWatch.com, quoted in a BusinessWeek article by Ben Levisohn about SEO jobs entitled, “Web Work: Searching for Hitmakers.”

Hey, I know Matt. (I should disclose that he is a client, but I didn’t set up the interview.)

Levisohn wrote, “Among the jobs showing growth as the unemployment rate hits 7.2%: search engine optimizers.” He asked McGowan why demand for SEO skills was so intense at a time when marketing budgets are tight, and Matt replied, “More and more, (marketers) want proof that their spending works.”

Amen, brother.

I almost died and went to heaven when I read, “They need strategists, who conceive a Web site’s approach to roping in visitors.”

And I had to double-check that I hadn’t already died and gone to heaven when I read, “Companies are also looking for ‘link builders,’ who work to steer traffic from other Web sites to their employer’s.”

And then I felt like I had risen from the dead and returned to the land of the living when I read, “Also sought: SEO copywriters, who insert specific search terms into a site’s content to draw desired visitors.”

Hey, I know people who do that.

You know, I’ve simply got to find more time to read newspapers and magazines. You never know the valuable information you’re going to stumble across. And, miraculously, I’m feeling much better now, too.

Meanwhile, if companies are looking for search engine optimizers, link builders and SEO copywriters, they will find thousands of them attending SES New York 2009, which will be held March 23-27, at the Hilton New York.

(Notice the smooth segue in the SEO copywriting to this related topic and the anchor text link in the copy to the client’s website? That’s just a crude example of some of the services that search engine optimizers offer.)

If you look over the conference agenda, here are a couple of examples of the sessions that you won’t want to miss:
— How to Create a Successful In-House SEO Program
— Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Workshop
— SEO: Where to Next
— Advanced SEO Strategies: Integrating Analytics, Usability, Persuasion and Journalism
— Discover the Power of Linking: Link Building Basics
— Keywords & Content: Search Marketing Foundations
— SEO Through Blogs & Feeds
— News Search SEO
— Independent SEM/SEOs: Issues & Answers
— SEO Training Course

So, this wasn’t just a smooth seque. No, no, no. The information about Search Engine Strategies New York was also relevant and useful. That’s why search engine optimizers are in such demand.

Or, as Google says, “The best way to get other sites to create relevant links to yours is to create unique, relevant content that can quickly gain popularity in the Internet community. The more useful content you have, the greater the chances someone else will find that content valuable to their readers and link to it.”

And if you register for SES New York by March 6, you can save up to $200.

But wait, there’s more! Register today and get one month of free online search marketing training (a $99 value) from MarketMotive.

Okay, now I’m on the brink of the verge of the edge. So, I’ll back off the hard sell.

Nevertheless, if you are looking for search engine optimizers or want to develop your own skills to become one, you could do a lot worse that attending Search Engine Strategies New York. A lot worse.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook