IndustrySearch Engine Forums Spotlight: September 28, 2007

Search Engine Forums Spotlight: September 28, 2007

Found in the search marketing forums: Google Conversion Optimizer; Have SEOs Lost the Plot?; All the Good Domains Are Gone and Half Are Not Even Used; and more.

What’s going on in the search industry? Find out here, with these links to some of the latest topics being discussed in our own Search Engine Watch Forums, and other search marketing forums across the Web:

Google Conversion Optimizer
Search Engine Watch Forums
“I saw that Google Conversion Optimizer (beta) is now available on my AdWords account. Has anyone tried this?”

Have SEOs Lost the Plot?
High Rankings Forum
“Checklist SEO isn’t necessarily bad as long as you understand what you’re checking off and why you’re checking it off. The trouble comes in when you got a checklist from somewhere, but have no idea as to what it means. ”

All the Good Domains Are Gone and Half Are Not Even Used!?
Cre8asite Forums
“I’m finding it increasingly frustrating that people have bought up all these great domain names and never do anything with them.”

Does PPC + Organic Listings = Cannibalization?
Search Engine Watch Forums
“My directors have asked me to cut back on PPC spending, because they believe that running too many PPCs on keywords for which we have a first page organic position is merely taking visits we would have gotten for free.”

Why Is The Answer in SEO Always “Think About Your Audience”?
Cre8asite Forums
“The end user is your true customer, except only where your role is to hoodwink or force people into deals they don’t want. Anytime you are pushing something beyond the way the end-user wants it pushed you are destroying a small part of the internet.”

Shady PPC Managers
High Rankings Forum
“I’m running into more and more PPC operations with slick angles to convince new clients into signing up for their service. What they deliver is quite useless, but they do deliver what they promise. I have yet to find a sure fire method to quickly educate prospects that 1) they’ve been scammed and not feel embarrassed about it and 2) how to shop for a PPC manager (which, of course, I hope is me). ”

Anyone Bored of this SEO Superstar Bulls**t?
Cre8asite Forums
“Everyone seems to be a wannabe SEO superstar. They seem to think if they post on a few forums and have a blog, they know the ins and outs of SEO and can start promoting themselves as such.”

Don’t Write that Proposal Until You Ask the “Magic Question”
Small Business Ideas Forum
“When someone asks you to write a proposal (or give a presentation), just reply with this question: ‘Imagine that you’ve read my proposal and, without doubt, the solution proposed is a perfect fit for what you want. Then what will happen next?'”

Search Headlines

We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You’ll find more news from around the Web below.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

whitepaper | Analytics The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing

whitepaper | Analytics Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook

whitepaper | Digital Marketing The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook

1y
Utilizing Email To Stop Fraud-eCommerce Client Fraud Case Study

whitepaper | Digital Marketing Utilizing Email To Stop Fraud-eCommerce Client Fraud Case Study

1y