SEOSearch Everything You’ve Seen

Search Everything You've Seen

Allow me to suggest a personal search option that I would like to see one or more of the “big guys” offer in the future.

How about a feature that allows you the option to automatically record and save EVERY html page that appears in your browser and then offers you the option to keyword search the full text of this material?

A kind of Tivo for the web.

It would not only potentially save you time (compared to saving a page at a time) but would also allow you to easily and efficiently build your own Wayback Machine. You might also be able to share your personal archive with others.

Of course, users would be able to remove any page at any time from their archive and also go back and annotate pages with metadata and notes.

This is not a new idea.

Battelle calls this the saving of “search streams” and compares it to Bush’s Memex tool.

In this SearchDay review of , a product called Seruku, currently offering this type of service, I also compare the idea to the Memex.

A new product, Recall Toolbar, offers something similar.

Microsoft Research is also doing work with the “save everything” concept. It’s called Stuff I’ve Seen, part of their MyLifeBits research.

Since many companies want to play in the “personal” search game these days it’s going to be important for these organizations to differentiate themselves from one another. Why should I try Service A when Service B offers the same thing? Why should I switch services?

Because everyone uses the web in a different way, a variety of options will be the spice of life when it comes to personal search.

NOTE: Yes, it is possible to search your cached pages with IE and Mozilla. However, this feature does not allow you to annotate and search your pages, limit by date or date range, mark important pages, search phrases, etc. Also, since your cache is a dynamic entity results will also could change on a regular basis.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook