IndustrySearch Engine Strategies Updates

Search Engine Strategies Updates

As many of you know, Search Engine Strategies San Jose is just a week away. Everyone who’s ready for an intense week of immersion in the latest and greatest thinking in the search industry (not to mention the heroic levels of drinking that seems to always go along with it), raise your hand. Well, I’m not ready for it either, but I’m sure I will be by next Monday.

To get a taste of what to expect next week, you can check out Daron Babin and Brandy Shapiro-Babin’s Rainmaker podcast from last week on WebmasterRadio.fm. Daron and Brandy sit down with Kevin Ryan, global content director for SEW and SES, to discuss SES San Jose.

During the show next week, you can of course expect coverage from the SEW blog, WebmasterRadio.fm, and the legion of search bloggers that cover the sessions in live-blogging format. Besides the stellar coverage from Barry, Tamar and crew at Search Engine Roundtable, and The Lisa’s coverage at Bruce Clay Blog, you can also expect new perspectives from Lee Odden’s team at TopRank, on the Online Marketing Blog.

If you plan on covering the show on your blog, drop me a line and I’ll be sure to include your coverage in our daily wrap-ups of SES news next week. In addition, you can tag all of your posts and photos with sessanjose2007, and we should be able to find it. In addition, if you’re interested in covering any of the sessions for a post-show SearchDay article, get in touch and we can discuss specifics.

We’re not going to be live-blogging here on the SEW blog, but we’ll certainly be keeping you informed of any news, interesting tidbits, and other goings-on at the event. You can of course check out the SES San Jose 2007 Party Thread to find all the latest goings-on. The short version: Google Dance on Tuesday, Webmasterradio Search Bash on Wednesday (seems certain search engines that do not begin with “G” are balking at throwing a party this year).

In other SES news, we’ve announced today that Andrew Goodman, founder of SEM firm Page Zero Media, author, and all-around nice guy, has been named as chairman and host of the 2008 and 2009 SES Toronto conferences. Andrew did a fantastic job organizing this year’s event, and it’s great to know he’ll be back to do it again for at least the next two years.

The SES team today also posted the agenda for SES @ A4U Expo, the search marketing forum that’s taking place in London in October in conjunction with the Affiliates4U conference. The two-day program includes a lineup of search and affiliate marketing stalwarts.

If you just can’t wait until next week (and you’re still reading this), you can check out a few conference-related posts I’ve seen in the past week or so:

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook