IndustryRegifting SEO tools, calculators and images for the holidays

Regifting SEO tools, calculators and images for the holidays

Are you searching for some cheap Christmas gift ideas or last-minute Hanukkah gifts for search engine marketers, great bloggers, or conference speakers? I am. Here are some free SEO tools, a free online calculator, and royalty-free images that someone gave me during the past year that I’m now regifting to friends and colleagues just in time for the holidays.

First, for all the search engine marketers on my holiday gift shopping list, I plan to regift the free SEO tools created by SEOmoz. This includes the Keyword Difficulty tool and Page Strength tool that were both reviewed by Barry Schwartz back in July. It also includes an IP Location Lookup, which isn’t an SEO tool, but is still very useful.

The SEOmoz Keyword Difficulty tool issues a percentage score and provides a detailed analysis of the top ranking sites at Google and Yahoo. It can be used to analyze the competitive landscape of a particular search term or phrase. The SEOmoz Page Strength tool is designed to satisfy the curiosity of search engine marketers seeking a better metric to quickly assess a site/page’s value. And the SEOmoz IP Location Lookup determines the geographic location of an IP address using a bit of AJAX and Google Maps.

Next, for all the great bloggers who deserve to get corporate holiday gifts this year, I’m regifting the Blog Juice Calculator created by Text Link Ads. Barry Schwartz reviewed this fun little tool back in October.

The Blog Juice Calculator allows you to compare your blog with others based on Bloglines RSS subscriber data, Alexa rank, Technorati rank, and Technorati inlinks. It was the first “link bait” project by R. Marie Cox for Text Link Ads.

Finally, for the many, many conference speakers who I hang out with at Search Engine Strategies, WebmasterWorld, and AdTech, I plan to regift iStockphoto. Guy Kawasaki, a managing director of Garage Technology Ventures, touted this collection of royalty-free images during his keynote presentation back in November at WebmasterWorld’s PubCon in Las Vegas.

iStockphoto features photographs, vector illustrations, Flash files, and video clips. To search for images, just enter the keyword in the search box at the top. Web-ready images only cost $1 and video clips are available for as little as $5.

Okay, so maybe it’s a little cheesy of me to be regifting free SEO tools, a free online calculator, and royalty-free images to friends and colleagues. But, try searching for something more creative than free holiday screensavers at this time of year. It ain’t easy.

Next year, I plan to celebrate Festivus. It’s got to be less hectic to participate in the “airing of grievances” and the “feats of strength” than it is to find cheap Christmas gift ideas or last-minute Hanukkah gifts for dozens of search engine marketers, great bloggers, and conference speakers.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing

The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook