IndustryIt’s “courses for horses” at SES London 2010

It's "courses for horses" at SES London 2010

SES London 2008 - Orion Panel: All Star Analyt...

Image by SESConferenceSeries via Flickr

Last year, I posted an item to the Search Engine Watch blog entitled, “It’s ‘Horses for Courses’ at SES London 2009.” I said business professionals may want to bring a team to Search Engine Strategies London – because there will be three concurrent conference tracks and no business professional will be able to attend all of the sessions.

But, upon reflection, I should have said it’s “courses for horses,” because each of the three tracks of the leading search marketing conference in Europe is designed for a different member of your team.

There are tracks for those going to Search Engine Strategies for the first time. And there are other tracks for those going to SES London for the Nth time. There are even tracks for those in the public relations industry who should go to Search Engine Strategies to learn about social media, real-time SEO, Twitter and YouTube.

In other words, there are different courses for different horses in your company’s stable.

And, yes, SES still offers special group discounts. In you want more information, check the rates and registation details.

You might also want to come early and stay late. There’s Online Marketing Summit Day at SES London on Monday, 15 February. And there’s SES Search Engine Marketing (SEM/SEO) Training of Friday, 19 February.

In between, there’s an number of special events, including an SES London Meet and Greet, theatre presentations, sponsored sessions, “Black Hat/White Hat Unconferenced,” and an SES London 2010 LondonSEO Party.

By the way, I’m not touting the event because the UK economy has just exited recession and you need to get ready for the recovery. No, you need to attend Search Engine Strategies in good times as well, because you need to keep up-to-date on trends and issues.

Oh, and I’m not touting the event because it needs more attendees. Christian Georgeou, Marketing Manager at Incisive Media, says, “I’m happy to report that currently registration is up over last year more than 10% for SES London now less than a month out form the show.”

No, I’m urging you to get your horses on those courses because Google had a strong fourth quarter, with 17% year over year revenue growth. Given that the global economy is still in the early days of recovery, this was an extraordinary end to the year. And according to Business Week, Apple reportedly is in talks with Microsoft to make Bing the default search engine on the iPhone’s Safari Web browser.

So, don’t expect the pace of change in the search industry to slow down anytime soon. If fact, it’s much more likely to speed up.

Ensuring that SES London 2010 reflects the latest changes is no small task. At SES Chicago 2009, I interviewed Mike Grehan, the VP and Global Content Director for Search Engine Watch, ClickZ, and Search Engine Strategies.

Grehan reflected on past SES shows, the evolution of SES, and the upcoming conferences in 2010, including SES London. He discussed the advent of real-time search and warned search marketers to be aware that the industry is constantly changing and evolving. He discussed the power panels and state of the industry panels that are being brought back for London.

SES London and New York 2010 preview with Mike Grehan, VP, Global Content Director, Incisive

I should disclose that Search Engine Strategies is a client of my agency. But trust me on the pace of change.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing