IndustryUnemployment Still Painfully High, But One Sector Is Begging For Job Applicants!

Unemployment Still Painfully High, But One Sector Is Begging For Job Applicants!

I just got a media alert from Strategic Search Corporation via LinkedIn, which says, “New BLS Stats Illustrate Unemployment Is Still Painfully High, But One Sector Is Begging For Job Applicants!”

Now, this is the first time that I’ve received a “heads up” on a story this way. So, this is a tactic that marketers may want to file away and reuse in the future.

But let’s examine the main story: What is the sector that’s begging for job applicants?

According to Scott R. Sargis, President of Strategic Search Corporation, “Today’s unemployment rate remaining devastatingly high at 9.6% means 14,800,000 Americans still cannot find work! However, there is one industry that is pleading for candidates, SEM (Search Engine Marketing)!”

He adds, “The Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO) recently announced that the North American SEM industry will grow 14% this year to $16.6 billion! This contrasts with contraction in most other sectors!”

Sargis goes on to say, “What’s more SEM can be easily transitioned into from many troubled fields! For example, it’s a perfect match for anyone in direct marketing or quantitative analysis. Furthermore, cutting-edge SEM techniques can be successfully applied to job-hunting strategies, which will make candidates stand out among a sea of competition!”

So, how does he find applicants for search engine marketing jobs?

“For the 5th straight year, from Tuesday, October 19th through Thursday, October 21st, I will be covering SES Chicago 2010 for my blog and clients. This conference provides the world’s most advanced expert information on SEM,” says Sargis.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Sargis says, “The keys are: 1) search engines are the new Yellow Pages and 2) the field of SEM provides revolutionary strategies for ranking products, services and job seekers high with search engines. As a result, this growing field is generating countless high paying jobs and unique job-hunting techniques!”

He concludes, “For example, candidates can research and uncover relevant keywords and sprinkle them throughout their resume, job application and social media sites they frequent. This can vault them to the top of search engines and a hiring company’s attention.”

Now, there’s a story worth retelling.

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing