IndustrySearchDay | Build a Better Cesspool

SearchDay | Build a Better Cesspool

Today's search engine marketing news and opinion: Build a Better Cesspool; The Decision-Making Funnel, Stage 4: Action; Google Launches Search Options, Previews 'Google Squared'; and more.

Today’s Top Story:

SEW Expert - Kevin Ryan Kevin
Ryan
Build a Better Cesspool
More SEW EXPERTS: SEARCHING FOR MEANING SEW EXPERTS: SEARCHING FOR MEANING
Traditional media troops are pitted against the burgeoning voice of populace publishing. What’s search’s role in today’s publishing environment?
» Full story » Print version

Search Engine Watch Experts Columns

SEW Expert - Tim Ash Tim
Ash
The Decision-Making Funnel, Stage 4: Action, Part 1
More SEW EXPERTS: BY THE NUMBERS SEW EXPERTS: BY THE NUMBERS
We’ve been discussing the well-known AIDA conversion funnel and how it governs all Web conversions. We’ve already examined awareness, interest and desire. It’s time for some action.
SEW Expert - Carrie Hill Carrie
Hill
My “Must Have” List of Directories
More SEW EXPERTS: LITTLE BIZ SEW EXPERTS: LITTLE BIZ
Submitting yourself to directories that are directly related to your business is an important part of directory and linkbuilding research. For links, SERP presence, or traffic, there are a few important directories you should make sure your business is included in.

News from the Search Engine Watch Blog

Google Launches Search Options, Previews ‘Google Squared’
Posted by Nathania Johnson May 14, 2009

At today’s Searchology press event, Google launched new search features as well as unveiling the upcoming ‘Google Squared.’ Read to the end, folks, because there are not only some significant updates, but pretty cool tech as well. Google Search Options Beginning today, when you search Google.com, the results page will show a …
» Continue reading

John Battelle Discusses Future of Search
Posted by Frank WatsonMay 14, 2009

John Battelle – author of The Search, founder of Wired, Federated Media and The Industry Standard – discussed the future of search with HubSpot. The HubSpot blog added a few videos of the interview which covered Google and Social Media, How Small Businesses Can Compete, as well as the Future of …
» Continue reading

First Newspapers, Then TV Now Google Drops Radio Advertising
Posted by Frank WatsonMay 14, 2009

Google may be the king of search advertising but it seems every other form of advertising has been a failure, as they plan to stop their radio advertising venture May 31, the Wall Street Journal reported. First newspaper advertising was discontinued, then TV was stopped and finally radio had the plug …
» Continue reading

Searchme Releases Mobile App for Android

Visual search engine Searchme has released a mobile application for Android. The Android is a mobile operating system by Google that is currently found on the G1 at T-Mobile. “Searchme’s visual search app is perfectly suited for Android users who are looking for ways to push the boundaries of what …
» Continue reading

Voting is Open for Doodle 4 Google Contest

Doodle 4 Google is an annual contest where schoolkids can submit their Google-logo designs. Now, you can vote for your favorites for this year’s contest. Voting ends May 18 at midnight PST. Click here to vote. The theme this year is “What I Wish for the World.” So far, Google has …
» Continue reading

Search Engine Watch Forum Discussions

How do I solve this problem? May 12, 2009
For years many of our pages had first page rankings on Google. Over the last couple of months Google is now deciding to show our home page for most searches where we return even though those pages are less relevant. e.g. If you are searching for a divorce …
» Join the discussion
Linking AdWords to Google Base May 13, 2009
I just noticed a new tab in my Google Base account that lets me link my Google Base feed submission to AdWords. It simply states: —Quote— Share your content with AdWords Get your Google Base content into your AdWords Campaigns. —End Quote— It also has a link to learn more, but it is very nebulous and …
» Join the discussion
Detecting search terms and redirecting to landing page May 11, 2009
I’m trying to improve my bounce rate by re-directing organic traffic to a more targetted landing page by detecting certain search terms in the referring URL. I’m aware of the issues of permanent and temporary redirects and how search engines interpret these, but are there any issues I should consider …
» Join the discussion

Resources

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index
whitepaper | Analytics

The 2023 B2B Superpowers Index

8m
Data Analytics in Marketing
whitepaper | Analytics

Data Analytics in Marketing

10m
The Third-Party Data Deprecation Playbook
whitepaper | Digital Marketing