View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009   #14
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Re: YSM - New Terms & Conditions

Mel you're precious..I love all the WTFs! This is a big WTF?

This happened to our accounts back in Sept.

After they "optimized" our campaigns and made the changes active they sent an email stating the "good news".

They added generic terms
They created ads with dynamic KW insertion
They did not add any negatives, nor tracking URLS.
They increased bids
They opened up content.
They turned on Advanced match

Like you mentioned there are more concerns than poor performance.
They created ads that suggested we provided certain services which we do not. This is illegal for us to advertise. If a State's Attorney General saw some of these ads we would be in some serious trouble right now; with only Yahoo to blame.

How in the world could Yahoo justify such a move? I would love to have heard what was said in the meeting where this program was decided on!

Google handled this same issue the proper way. Advertisers can click on "optimization this campaign", a bunch of suggestions appear for your account, you review and approve as you see fit.
I usually don't see any value in these auto optimizations, but I gave it a spin and actually found a couple small but nice tid bits I had missed to add.

Yahoo is truly amazing.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote