Thread: New to Adwords
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008   #17
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Re: New to Adwords

Quote:
Hi every one o am new to this forum and adwords, I need your guidance for learning adwords...
Hi danielscott8 - many many years ago when I was in high school I jokingly asked my history teacher "What were the long term effects of the 'Great Depression' on the American economy?"

This was an incredibly broad question - and thus rather difficult to answer in less than a hundred pages or so - and not surprisingly, I did not get an answer.

In a sense your question is similarly broad, and equally difficult to answer. For example there are about 3000 pages of information on the subject in the AdWords Help Center, and many folks on this forum have spent years learning how to use Adwords most effectively, through study and day-to-day experience.

All that said, at the bottom line, the best approach is to make use of all available resources, including this forum - and then expect to spend quite a bit of time of energy in the process.

While it is possible to literally go through the steps of setting up up an AdWords campaign in 15 minutes or less, I'd go so far as to say it is virtually impossible to set up a successful campaign in that sort of time. Truth is, there is a learning curve - and only a certain amount of study and first hand experience will answer.

Here is just one resource where you will find many detailed lessons to help you learn how best to use AdWords:

* AdWords Learning Center"
http://www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/

Also, some very important (and basic) tips may be found on the page linked to below, from the AdWords Help Center:

* Tips for success:
https://adwords.google.com/support/b...page=tips.html

The topics covered on this page - which are essential to using AdWords effectively:

1. Identify your advertising goals.
2. Organize your account for maximum effectiveness.
3. Choose relevant keywords and placements.
4. Create straightforward, targeted ads.
5. Optimize your website for conversions.
6. Track your account performance.
7. Test and modify your campaigns to get the results you want.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote