View Full Version : TRYING to use Little keywords that add up to big results...
01-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Half my account is in trial or on hold --the terms I am using have low impression vollume BUT they are very relevant ads...I've aggregated very niche keywords so the individual keywords don't get many impressions every day, but over time, the conversion is high enough so that it is impactful. Hgh CTR and conversion to sale. Any advise how to keep them afloat?
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
1. Add negatives
2. Turn off content match
3. Try more precise matching
01-26-2005, 12:23 PM
- No content match
- I do have negatives
- All phrase matches...wonder if I should do exact matches?
I wonder my account is freaking out because of the low impression levels...they have ridiculously high click rates but no vollume...
What do you mean by keeping them afloat?
01-27-2005, 11:02 AM
keywords are being deactivated and I want them running...large batches are being deactivated that shouldn't because they have been up for not more than half a day, and don't have enough impressions to prove they are or aren't successful.
Some additional tips:
- If you are using phrases that are more than ‘three words’ scale them down
- Elaborating on what Keyword Monkey said, move all listings to ‘exact match’ to improve CTR; this will temporarily deliver less traffic, however it will build up a strong CTR so you can move to phrase down the road
- I also agree with Keyword Monkey in that you should expand the negative listings
- Temporarily increase CPC so you’ll establish a high ranking and then you can drop down the CPC and have some strong historical data
- Modify the creative to increase the CTR
Setup separate ad groups within your campaign so ‘poor performers’ do not drag down strong and average keywords. This strategy will isolate the keywords and keep the performers ‘afloat’
Hope this helps
01-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks Josh! Very helpful!