PDA

View Full Version : How to submit site to Ask Jeeves for free?

andriuha
11-29-2004, 03:43 PM
How to submit site to Ask Jeeves for free?

rustybrick
11-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Ask is powered by Teoma. Teoma is a tad slow at picking up new pages. Just make sure you have good linkage to the pages and in due time, Teoma will find your site and you will be found in Ask.

David Wallace
11-29-2004, 03:51 PM
There is no way to submit to Ask Jeeves or Teoma (which is the search engine behind Ask) whether free or paid. All one can do at this time is wait for them to find you.

andriuha
11-29-2004, 04:31 PM

(http://www.globelingerie.com)

Genious
05-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi,

that's really crap. if its so hard to submit site to ask, then how hard would be to work with this Crowler.... that's Ridiculous :o

mahmood

gazelleintense
06-01-2007, 11:36 PM
ask.com is tricky. i've yet to figure it out. seems you need some code or a robots.txt file... i've not had time to jump through all those hoops as of yet.

beu
06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
The best way (maybe the only way) to help Ask.com's crawler find and index your site is to create an xml sitemap.

see:
sitemaps.org

Marcia
06-19-2007, 01:17 AM
The best way (maybe the only way) to help Ask.com's crawler find and index your site is to create an xml sitemap.Every site I have gets traffic from Ask and none has an xml site map (and probably won't ever), and some have no sitemap.

Ask will find you through inbound links, and in particular likes on-topic links from relevant, related subject areas.

Inbound links get you found. And then a good, crawlable site navigation will get a whole site crawled,as much as any particular engine does deep crawling.

beu
06-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Every site I have gets traffic from Ask and none has an xml site map (and probably won't ever), and some have no sitemap.

Ask will find you through inbound links, and in particular likes on-topic links from relevant, related subject areas.

Inbound links get you found. And then a good, crawlable site navigation will get a whole site crawled,as much as any particular engine does deep crawling.

Totally, my reply was in response to the original question which was how to submit for free and Ask says:

"Q: How do I register my site/URL with Ask so that it will be indexed?
A: We appreciate your interest in having your site listed on Ask.com and the Ask.com search engine. Your best bet is to follow the open-format Sitemaps protocol, which Ask.com supports..."
http://about.ask.com/en/docs/about/webmasters.shtml#16

gabs
06-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Dated 11-29-2004, 01:43 PM .. wow..

Indexing = links..

Just don't "ask" them about 301's hehehe

Marcia
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
It doesn't even take having a ton of links, though on-topic ones don't hurt one bit. I've got a couple of site that get nice traffic from them and have only a few IBLs, and it isn't only a "percentage" thing, the traffic from them is pretty steady daily and the search terms used are right on for the pages visitors land on.

They really do find sites through inbound links, and IMHO they're far under-rated for being the good search engine they really are. They always have had a clever search technology, but it's been obfuscated by lack of positive marketing strategies. Not that I know what those should be, but whatever they are, they're sure enough lacking.