PDA

View Full Version : This does make me cross

egain
02-21-2007, 05:51 AM
On the various Google alerts I receive in the morning, this one in particular (following discussings regarding the PPC perception of SEO on the cre8 forums), caught my ear, not least for the grossly inaccurate misrepresentation of SEO (or PPC in this case - although they refer to it as SEO)

Such inaccurate information really does no one any good in the long run

http://www.recruitermagazine.co.uk/Articles/332837/Be+wary+of+companies+selling+seach+services.html

BuckfastMonk
02-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Much like every other industry, the trouble is seperating the good from the bad

egain
02-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I agree, but advising the public otherwise when they read drivel like this in reasonably high circulation publications makes things slightly more difficult.

Whether or not the company in question was good or not (and I presume they are not - judging by the advice/timescales/budget they seem to have been provided with) is not really the point, however the facts presented in the article were grossly in accurate

sportsguy
02-21-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree, but advising the public otherwise when they read drivel like this in reasonably high circulation publications makes things slightly more difficult.

Whether or not the company in question was good or not (and I presume they are not - judging by the advice/timescales/budget they seem to have been provided with) is not really the point, however the facts presented in the article were grossly in accurate

If you know it was inaccurate, and you can point out why, then contact them and demand they run an article with an expert to balance the other article.

If they sense tension, they'll likely run your idea because it'll keep readers/advertisers happy.

If you feel strongly about it, and know your stuff, tackle them - you might be surprised at how far you get. ;)

egain
02-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Already done :)

sportsguy
02-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Good call. :) Nice to see someone willign to fight the good fight. :)