PDA

View Full Version : Seeking info on the future of search engine technology

csisto83
10-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Hello,

I am an MBA student working on a project for my MIS class that deals with the future of search engine technlogy. I was wondering if anyone had some credible references or would like to comment on where they see the industry headed (i.e. podcasts, videos, etc.) Obviously, I am not an expert on this field and any and all inforamtion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Chris

RichyP
10-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Big question, {consults the crystal ball}

I think accessible search will become a big factor - see http://labs.google.com/accessible/.

We are already beginning to see legal action being taken against big 'sites' for not making them accessible. I think at some point we are going to see more weighting applied to sites that do conform to W3 WAI
Just my two cents worth ;-)

Userick
11-02-2006, 07:04 AM
You might wanna check visualization (http://company.quintura.com/newsroom/20061102_01.asp) prospects. Quintura (just launched) is sure it'll rule :cool: .

megan
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I am an MBA student working on a project for my MIS class that deals with the future of search engine technlogy. I was wondering if anyone had some credible references or would like to comment on where they see the industry headed (i.e. podcasts, videos, etc.)

Hi Chris,

It is an interesting topic you have picked.

Search engine technologies are by no means the same as they were when search engines first became popular.

There are so many new features that big search engines such as google, Yahoo and MSN have added to reflect the changing needs of searchers today.

Personal tools like Yahoo's My Web allows users to save and share webpages with friends and family.
Taging technologies like del.icio.us and Furl offer tools for users to share what they have found on the web.
Communites are being built around these kinds of 'social search tools'.

I think the 'sharing information' aspect of these new search technologies will continue to evolve and emerge in coming years.

Megan